Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Great Smoke Stories!!!

Member #:1608
    Well I upgraded to forged yokes (1350) with solid u joints. I friend came over tonight and wanted a ride, so off we went. While I was out I spotted a newer mustang he kinda hit the throttle at us so thought I would play...I asked him you wanna head out to the highway to have some fun. He was like sure. Well were out on a toll road with no traffic around and I am in low going about 15mph. I let him take the hit and he is about a car in front of me! I close the gap pretty quick and and continue to pull on him. I hit the rev limiter on a couple of shifts but still stayed in front. I was happy I beat him, but I though, I should have pulled him by 4 or 5 cars. Well come to find out...its a 2011 mustang with a ProCharger putting 684 to the tire! Dang that is why I wasn't bus length him! Super nice guy, told me the car was sponsored by ProCharger and was at Sema. Good times for the old shoebox...especially with an extra 200 pounds in her!

Registered Member

Member #:2566
    Well probably not as fast as most I have a 67 nova. It is marina blue with centerlines and ss badges. It wears the 327 emblems I bought it with and is a decent sleeper. Small sun tach on the dash, nothing to alarm any street racers. A while back we built a 406. Fairly tame 9.5 compression afr heads and a comp street roller cam. It dynoed 525hp/515ftlbs.
    During a recent car cruise in the local city we were caught next to a mid eighties malibu, wheelie bars narrowed rear end prostreet hood scoop battery cutoff on the trunk. All of the ear marks of a drag car on the road. I don't think he could believe it when he couldn't get away from the little nova. Not really a clear winner as we ran out of road. I've won my fair share of races but I remember this one the best.

R

Quote Originally Posted by Rthur View Post
    Well probably not as fast as most I have a 67 nova. It is marina blue with centerlines and ss badges. It wears the 327 emblems I bought it with and is a decent sleeper. Small sun tach on the dash, nothing to alarm any street racers. A while back we built a 406. Fairly tame 9.5 compression afr heads and a comp street roller cam. It dynoed 525hp/515ftlbs.
    During a recent car cruise in the local city we were caught next to a mid eighties malibu, wheelie bars narrowed rear end prostreet hood scoop battery cutoff on the trunk. All of the ear marks of a drag car on the road. I don't think he could believe it when he couldn't get away from the little nova. Not really a clear winner as we ran out of road. I've won my fair share of races but I remember this one the best.

R
    R thanks for the comments...I like the look from the race car guys when they dont see it coming from a street car. I bet your car can but a "butt hurt" on a whole lot of cars on the road.

Well this past weekend a couple of my buddies sent out a text saying, " the big blocks were ready and wanted to know if the little blocks were ready. One drives a 69 big tire chevelle with a 555 cid and other has a 496 with AFR heads, roller cam ect...(spent $14K). Let me say the "little block" is 2-0!

Well a few months ago, me and a buddy was leaving a hang out late a night. Its about 11:00pm and were cruising on a toll road minding our business. Im in front and I see this mustang jacking with my buddy! Well he comes up to me next revving that GT up! I drop the hammer on him and the sound or the S/C whine and he is a distant memory! I slowed down but he kept his distance...Fast forward to this last weekend. This young man comes up to me with his two buddies and says, "Do you remember me"? I didn't but then he started recanting the story. He was like that car was sooo loud and fast! His buddy was like he is always messing with people but he picked the wrong car!!!

Not a smoke story, but this has got to be one of the funniest ones!!!

So driving around and was needing to fill up. So when I was pulling up to this gas station I see a guy with a GTR filling up...and he has a crowd around his car. You could tell he was enjoying the attention. Here I come thumping along and my buddy's like whap the throttle before you kill it so they can hear the blowoff valve. So I did! All of sudden the GTR guys crowd comes over to the old Field Car! Talk about loosing your erection lol!! Then one of the crowd guy's asks me if my car has got a "Big Block 350 in it" Well didn't want to embarrass him so I said "Yeah". I was hoping the GTR guy was going to smart off...but he didn't!

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884
    LIKE^^^^^!!!!

Moments like that make it all worth it!!

Another funny one....

So the local trade school is having a benefit car show and a couple of us like to support good things. Anyway probably 800 cars there. Remind you most are late model stuff. Anyway, a couple of us old school guys are chilling out in our chairs just people watching! Anyway, this group comes by and they are checking out the "old" stuff. Since its not an LS or Fuel Injected this engine bay looks different. You know there is always one "expert". He is looking at my engine bay and say, " Look he has two alternators" Must have a bad azz sound system in there!

I was thinking yeah when you push the right pedal down its gets pretty loud.

We just sat back and laughed to ourselves.

Joey

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884
    I don't always race new dodge challengers home from work but when I do I teach them not to judge an old 60's muscle car by the cover lol. Not really a smoke story but I had never messed around with any of the hemi challengers before yesterdays commute home. We were just following traffic and stuck behind a slow person in the left lane. The all black challenger finally got an opening and hammered it and passed on the right so I just followed suit. After the pass there was a wide open road and he thought he would say good buy to the old school cutlass he was wrong lol. My car is built for speeds well above the 3 digit mark. 80 mph is like coasting with the 3.08 gears. I don't know if my ram air thru both front lights works but my car starts pulling really hard around the 3 digit mark. He gave up and slowed down to let me by I gave him the old thumbs up I thank he was a bit surprised and gave me one back lol.
    Last edited by rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017; 11-30-2016 at 09:29 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast