Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New family member

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884
    Rick, I believe Roger posted a setup like that he built his on baffle or box inside the fender. He posted it in the 4 inch tube discussion on the other site. It was super clean looking for sure.

Laz only data I've found are post on LS1tech and several folks running them on boosted cars pushing above 600 hp. I will probably be ok with my stock LS2 I would assume.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    rocky, I saw roger's inner fender box/baffle. It's what I had in mind even before he did his. He did a pretty nice job.

Are you going through the inner fender to pick up outside air on yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    rocky, I saw roger's inner fender box/baffle. It's what I had in mind even before he did his. He did a pretty nice job.

Are you going through the inner fender to pick up outside air on yours?
    I'm hoping to draw cold air up from behind the inner fender between it and the body. Via the flex duct I'm showing in pic.

After weeks of getting it handed to me I finally got it going my way with the stainless exhaust system. I chose the traditional wagon exit out the back corners. I was considering the bow tie extensions but wasn’t sure they would work with 2.5 inch tubing so I chose to do turn downs instead. The way the pipes ended up crisscrossing the rear frame I had a hard time figuring out a hanger bracket so I decided to anchor it directly in the frame using weld in barrel nuts worked pretty nice. The barrel nuts will come in handed with the rest of the frame build.

Last edited by rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017; 04-27-2015 at 09:25 AM.

Fabricated some E brake/muffler hanger brackets to work with the pypes exhaust. Also installing the helwig pro-touring rear sway bar. I have some concerns about the sway bar bracket around the axle. You have to rotate them FWD to clear the wagon tank. Sense they point FWD and hang below the frame the can can get hit in front and cause it to rotate the clamp about the axle. I have had it happen on my pro-touring cutlass when I pulled out of a parking lot and hit a chunk of broken curb. It pushed it around 90 degrees. No big deal just loosened and correct pre load in the suspension. If that happened on this nomad it could puncher the fuel tank. I'm considering welding it to the axle to prevent

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Shorten the link?

Rick that might help I will investigate today I haven't drilled any holes yet so options are still open.
    Thanks
    Rocky

Installed the helwig front sway bar today. Really nice setup. Fit perfect with the economy lower arms. The sway bar is now the limiting factor on tire turning radius. So the placement of the LS2& Holley pan is a non issue now.

Rick after looking at the clearance between clamp and stock tank on the rear bar I might be able to remove the material & sharp edges on the sway bar brackets and help negate the possible problem. Time to order brakes there the next hurdle to cross in the mockup phase.

Got brake system started LOL . Installed Cnut's booster bracket fits real nice!!!!

Member #:115
    Rocky, If you want the Hydroboost accumulator on the opposite side as the engine, you'll have to turn that adapter around so the indent is on the left. Glad you like it.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast