Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New family member

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884
    Thanks Ed!!! I like the painted ralleys on your 56 they look great.

I scored a hydrobooster with master and hoses for 75$ over the weekend. Can't wait to try out C'nuts custom Bracket I purchased and mockup the system. I'm totally green on this hydro stuff even though it has been around awhile now. I've never owned anything that had it.

Other than that I started trying to learn how to use a dolly and hammer. The rusted qtr needs some work and it will have to be done or is easier to access with the bottom cut out prior to welding the panel. I was able to reach a lot of the panel from the access opening inside but even that is tough and a strain even on me and I'm 6-5 tall. I might have to recruit help to hold the dolly before I'm done. I took pictures inside and in the area above the wheel and as Robert suspected there is some pitting in that area, not sure the extent yet, over all its not looking to bad, some areas the door jams don't even have surface rust they are bright and shinny to my surprise.

Last edited by rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017; 09-21-2015 at 09:33 AM.

Almost forgot. Played with some cookie cutter paint color has Cnut calls it lol. I got my local paint supply to mix some spray cans. I really like the interior samples Gina sent against the actuaual paint colors.

Last edited by rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017; 09-21-2015 at 10:00 AM.

Made some progress over the rainy weekend. Got the bone yard hydrobooster installed and connected to the brake pedal. I'm very happy with the adjustment in the pedal. I was able to get it close to the floor beyond the factory brake switch range of operation but luckly the LS brake switch is longer so I want have to modify the switch bracket or add a stop to trigger it.

I successfully removed the script from a set of old school valve covers to dress up the ls2 vet covers not sure how I'm going to attach them just yet. The plan is to paint them and the covers chevy orange with black script.

I've also been trying to determine how and were to install speakers in my nomad. I considered the tail gate, side panels in the back seat or perhaps the spare tire well. All of the ideas were going to be covered flush with a custom cut bowtie pattern stainless grill. Going thru a box of old parts I came across a pair of 210 speaker grills. I've decided to go with speaker kick panels and build some mobile boxes for the back using original grills and wrap them in the matching interior materials.

Last edited by rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017; 10-25-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Member #:2740
    Like the speaker enclosures too.
    Steve
    1956 Nomad

That looks great Zoom thanks for posting!!! I'm to lazy to relocate the coils or I would have gone that route. It looks great with everything blacked out. I thanks I'm seeing Norma's future LOL........

Well another rainy weekend. I managed to get the covers painted. The script will be black when completed. I had originally planned to paint the entire cover chevy red orange but decided to keep them black instead. After getting the hydra booster installed and seeing how clean it looks I started rethinking the air box. So i decided to re route the air intake down and out the front right behind the grill. It really cleaned the engine bay up. I'm really happy with how clean the installion of the ls2 is in a trifive with no real effort to hide anything.

The sectra airfilter is rather small as C'nut pointed out. I will be replacing it with a bigger k&n. I plan to build a cage around it to chop the grass hoppers up on the way in lol.

Member #:115
    Clean? My wife wouldn't say that's "clean". She'd say it's rusty and the paint is peeling. LOL!

The covers look nice...I thought they were photoshopped.

You gotta get that battery tray outta there!!!
    Last edited by chevynut; 11-01-2015 at 12:18 PM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Thanks Cnut. Right after the epoxy dried I realized I should have cut the ends of the script plates the same angle as the Line under the LS2 logo but to late. I think when I get every thing blacked out it will looking good. I'm even considering blacking out the firewall up to a point instead of body color not sure on that just yet.

Member #:2709
    Hey Rocky Topper that's a nice find! I know at least 2 people who would love to find a 55 Nomad in not so bad shape. I am 1 of those 2 people. I also love the look of the bigger rounded OE look of the rear wheel wells, it gives it a more bossy look! Remember 'Tim the tool man's' 55 Nomad which got crushed on the 'Home Improvement' show! How could they do that !!! I hope that seen was fake! ...I'm considering options for my speedo on my 55 2 dr. I'm putting in an LT1 and possibly a 4L60E auto trans which has an electric vehicle speed sensor. I either have to change my speedo all together to electronic like u are doing or get a convertor to take the electronic signal and drive the OE cable and OE setup. I like your mockup design! What kind of gauges were u planning on using? Any cost effective ideas appreciated from anyone! Thanks in advance!

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast