Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fabricating battery brackets

Member #:2017
    The tray used is the reproduction from the firewall, removing un-needed brackets and modified for AC brackets. The hold -down needs the ZEE bracket spot welded on. I don't know that Mikey is going to add these parts to a kit, I know that I am not. That is why I PM'd you links to the exact parts needed for you to order these two items if you wanted me to make them. Or are you waiting for the kits from Mikey?
    Last edited by MP&C; 02-20-2016 at 05:42 PM.
    Robert

MP&C Shop Projects-Metalshaping Tutorials

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

Member #:227
    got majority of the parts from Mikey, but not the hold down, I thought it would be included with what he sold me because of the modifications done to it, guess not. oh well I'm stuck for now with no access to welder to finish a hold down (I don't even have one for now to modify) Thanks for the answer

I can't really speak to what Mikey was adding to a kit. I was going to do those parts for you when I thought you would be sending me parts per the links I sent you. I would surmise a regular hold down without the ZEE bracket would still perform the needed function. I will say that the original parts that we used as samples DID NOT include a factory original hold down, so we DID NOT have one to use as a sample for duplicating. My interpretation is based on what I saw in the assembly manual for these parts in a fuzzy picture, and offset was sized based on what I needed for the size battery we plan on using. It is very likely that my ZEE bracket is not accurate for the AC car at all.
    Robert

MP&C Shop Projects-Metalshaping Tutorials

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

Live and Learn, thanks for the info, and keep up the amazing work on the wagon

completely satisfied with quality of your and his work, and price isn't an issue, I gladly paid what he told me without hesitation, was just a misunderstanding about the hold down and weather or not it was included, water under the bridge and would do business with you or Mikey in the future without giving it a second thought, and would recommend anyone to do so also.in fact if an admin wants to delete the posts from #10 and on to this one as to not muck up this great thread I would appreciate it

Just a heads up to other members, Roberts work on this battery tray is excellent and it looks even better in person than in pictures, Mikey is also highly recommended craftsman , I wouldn't hesitate to do business with either of them, thanks goes out to both of them for all the help they have given me

Member #:115
    You could have most of those parts CNC laser cut and bent for a fraction of the cost of doing it by hand. I was making my frame brackets by hand for a long time until I went to CNC laser cutting. I hope I never have to go back.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

we were in that process..
    Robert