Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Muggyweld

Registered Member

Member #:2889

Muggyweld

I have seen feedback on muggyweld and I call it like it is, this stuff works well "WHEN YOU FOLLOW PRECISE DIRECTIONS!!!" It will take some trial and error and took me two rods of fiddling before I got it down but as an avid builder I have found it to be quite useful in a ton of situations if you want $8000 dollar tig weld results well go ahead and buy one but for the money and for specific uses I've found it to be invaluable stuff around my shop. If you have any concerns of it's strength try grinding it off if your puddle gets too large lol. When it's on there it's on there!!!

Member #:115
    I bought some of their rods at SEMA to use on some of my interior parts and it didn't work at all. I called them and asked what I was doing wrong, since I saw them weld/solder with it in person. It turns out that you can't use the rod I got for any aluminum alloys that have magnesium in them....which is most of them. I was using 6061 aluminum and also had 5053. They finally told me after trying and trying that it wouldn't work for those common alloys. I tried to get my money back because they told me it would work on "aluminum" and nowhere did it say magnesium was a problem. I never got a dime back from the deceitful SOB.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:115
    Here's another thing.....I bought my rod from a company called "Cecil Muggy" in person at SEMA:

http://www.cecilmuggy.com/

He sells "Super Alloy 1" and Super Alloy 5" for "aluminum". Here's the stuff I bought...do you see ANYWHERE where it says you can't weld certain aluminum alloys on this page? I even called Cecil Muggy and asked what I was doing wrong and he said I was getting it too hot yada, yada. I tried everything before he asked me what alloy I was using.

http://www.cecilmuggy.com/store/p2/S...quid_Flux.html

So I went to the MuggyWeld facebook page (I thought it was the same company) and I asked why I couldn't get it to work. You'll notice thatthey also sell the "Super Alloy 1 and Super Alloy 5" and it looks like the same crap to me. The guy at Muggyweld got all pissed at me for posting and said to call the company I bought it from, and claims his is a different alloy and different flux. Does it look like that to you (see below the pic from Muggyweld.com). He claims the companies aren't connected and that his product will weld any aluminum ally. Bullshit. There's something weird going on with these companies and I wouldn't buy from them again.

56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax