Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Quarter Window Roller Guides

Registered Member

Member #:1676

Quarter Window Roller Guides

I'm trying to put my quarter glass back in my '55 2 door sedan and the rear roller guides are missing. I need 2 of them (one for each quarter window) and they are not available from any supplier. Does anyone have a Trifive 2 door sedan they are parting out?

These roller guides are located at the rear of the quarter window channel. They support the long guide bar which allows the window to partially raise and lower. The windows in the sedan models only lower at the forward part near the center post of the car. The windows also only go half-way down (why I don't know, I guess it's a child safety thing). The rear part of the glass only pivots to allow the forward part to go half-way down. This system is only found on the 2 door sedan models. All other models with roll down quarter windows use different parts.

The rear roller guides are about 2-3 inches long and have a short channel to hold the roller wheel. The rear roller guides attach to the sheet metal inside the car with 2 threaded screws. The long guide bar has 2 roller wheels and 1 slot to attach: 1. The rear roller guide; 2. The center roller guide; 3. The forward roller guide.

Please contact me if you have these rear guides. Thanks,

Registered Member

Member #:1676
    I found a set of guides thru a friend. Now all I need is to figure out where to position the window on the track to insure proper alignment in the channel