Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 55 Nomad "under construction" update:

Member #:691

My 55 Nomad "under construction" update:

I hope I am doing this correctly...just wanted to attach a few pics on my progress so far. I have all my interior trim painted and have just finished reupholstering my seats. I was concerned doing the seats myself but I am pleased with how they turned out. If hurricane Arthur is not to bad tonight I plan on going over to my friends paint/body shop and work on the little remaining body work. Hopefully He will have the painting completed in the near future.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #:777
    Looking good. When you say doing upholstery yourself, do you mean you sewed it or just installing it? Very nice either way. I never do upholstery myself.

Thanks - but no sewing by me I bought my complete interior including headliner and carpeting from Ciadella's and I am doing the installation myself.

Member #:524
    It looks really nice.

Member #:436
    Lookin good now how bout pic's of the rest of the car. What color you going to paint it?

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    that looks great, your doing good.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Thanks guys - I am going to paint it GM/Chevy color called "Crystal Claret", a deep Cherry Red metallic. It is the color you see on my interior trim pieces above.

Smooth 56 - If you go down about 5 thread entries below this one after you select "Nomads" you will see my previous thread "My 55 Nomad is under construction" which I first posted a couple months ago of my Nomad pics in gray primer. We will be finishing up a little more body work and hopefully will be painting it in the next couple weeks or so....I am looking forward to that day and will post some pics of the paint job then.

Member #:436
    Quote Originally Posted by Troberts View Post
    Thanks guys - I am going to paint it GM/Chevy color called "Crystal Claret", a deep Cherry Red metallic. It is the color you see on my interior trim pieces above.

Smooth 56 - If you go down about 5 thread entries below this one after you select "Nomads" you will see my previous thread "My 55 Nomad is under construction" which I first posted a couple months ago of my Nomad pics in gray primer. We will be finishing up a little more body work and hopefully will be painting it in the next couple weeks or so....I am looking forward to that day and will post some pics of the paint job then.
    I think that color is going to look great on it. Didn't see the other thread but have now lol. Looks like it wont be to long before you will be driving. Keep up the good work.

Finally some progress...will be putting her back together Monday then into the booth and finished painting (woohoo!) by the end of the week, if the rain would stop falling around here
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #:530
    Really like that color!!!!. Classy....
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast