Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just Starting to look for my Project car

Member #:1608
    Quote Originally Posted by Fladiver64 View Post
    My son Brandon went with me earlier this week to pick up our new project. Got it home without incident and proceeded to unpack the trailer to see what we really got. Found a few more rust spots but nothing that can't be fixed. We spend the day cleaning the "barn" off the barn find. Then packed everything away to the storage unit where it will sit until the shop is finished, hopefully by November. We still plan on getting some work done between now and then but we are limited on what we can do onsite. I din't take a picture of the parts until we had put more than half of the stainless trim away. Looks like we got most of it, but inventory will be one of the first tasks.

Didnt waste anytime! Good to see

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    nice, have fun with it.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:530
    Great find! Now hurry up and get that shop finished, so you and your boys can start the project. They will be done with high school and off to college before you know it. The clock is ticking.....

tick tock tick tock tick tock...
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:3
    Looks like a big project , but what I really like is the smile on your son's face . Glad to see the younger ones still like the old cars !!

Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Member #:2209
    Quote Originally Posted by WagonCrazy View Post
    Great find! Now hurry up and get that shop finished, so you and your boys can start the project. They will be done with high school and off to college before you know it. The clock is ticking.....

tick tock tick tock tick tock...
    We re going to start by some re assemble for inventory purpose, and then start bringing doors home a couple at a time to go through, as well as starting the long job of polishing stainless trim. RIght now biggest hold up on the shop in the county.

Member #:2209
    Quote Originally Posted by 567chevys View Post
    Looks like a big project , but what I really like is the smile on your son's face . Glad to see the younger ones still like the old cars !!

Sid
    Our guess is 4 or 5 years and he is very excited, told everyone at scouts that we are going to be doing the auto maintenance merit badge this year so they can all work on it.

Member #:896
    Quote Originally Posted by Fladiver64 View Post
    Rocky, thanks for the offer, I am looking for the 4dr HT, the nomads are cool but not what I had in mind for this build. Budget is a moving target better cars that need less work are worth more but I dont want to start cutting up a good paint job to shave the doors or start modifying bumpers that have good chrome. I think I am leaning more in the under 10K project car direction but thanks for the heads up.
    FYI:
    http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/4607958838.html
    Bill 1957-427-177-6-410

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123