Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: East coast chevy ?

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884

East coast chevy ?

I need to order several stock repop parts for my 55 nomad. These guys are said to be top notch. I dont have a paper catolog and there website is not user frendly. Are they user frendly over the phone to order old school way. Another words I need the sales person to guide me to the right parts to order.
    If they have a go to guy please advise.
    Thanks
    Rocky

Member #:115
    Maybe you can get better advice here on what to order, to make you feel more comfortable when you call them to place the order. What are you wanting to buy?
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    have heard there good to deal with, call them.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    They used to not have any kind of online presence except for a very plain home page. They are old school. They do have an excellent paper catalog.

I would call and see how it goes, you'll probably be satisfied. Any problem, ask here or wait for them to send you a catalog.

Thanks Guys I'll give them a shout today and see how it goes. They do have an online catalog but its hard to navigate. I found most of what I need short term but not all. I would go with the other trifive sources but there service and taking your money when their parts are 6 months back ordered has already given me a bad taste in the mouth with my first ever order placed with them.

I'm buying a new tank (57 has vent), body mount kit, front clip hardware kit, brake line clips etc...... and maybe some factory a/c vents still not sure about that. I plan to order a catalog also for future use.
    Rocky

Member #:2209
    I have meet them at the Turkey Rod Run, they have a large booth in the swap meet area. There were friendly and seamed to be knowledgeable without being too pushy. The owner definitely had the catalog memorized, deemed like more of a family type operation and that is where I like to spend my money if possible and prices looked competitive. Let us know how it goes

Member #:1653
    Their on-line catalog seems to be an exact copy of their paper unit but you can't feel the pages or smell the print. Nothing wrong with "old school" though.

Fuel Tank - http://www.eastcoastchevy.com/Cat52Part36P195-197.pdf

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Most of us need to keep East Coast Chevy in mind as a supplier because they have some items that others don't sell, plus on some items they are the source for the other retailers.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    My local guy sells quite a few of their products for the reasons Rick stated. I have no issues with the stuff I have bought from him.

I'm happy so far. I called them explained I did not have a catalog and sent them and e-mail with the list of 13 items I did have part numbers for and described the rest of the parts I was needing. They were very friendly and the guy wanted to know every thing about what I was restoring. Now that I'm in their system and will have a catalog in hand should make future purchases go smoother... seems like they know their stuff on technical questions also which is a big plus in my book.
    Rocky

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast