Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Fuel injection help needed

Registered Member

Member #:1485

Fuel injection help needed

I have a 1989 G10 350 TBI motor in my 57 for years now. Since I have installed it I have what seems like a idle issue. From my understanding the car should start, idle up then slowly idle to normal idle but I can not get the car to do that. It starts and idles at a constant idle, no idle ups for braking or shifting. I have replaced the IAC and have done test for years now to track the problem down and I'm not really sure what I am missing. I have check TPS voltage, IAC voltage, etc., and all seems within spec. One thing that I might be an issue is I have never had a breather on it. Could it be possible that I'm getting to much air leaving the breather off?
    I know that TBI's don't have a MAF, they used a MAP sensor, could it possible be causing an issue since I am basically allowing no vacuum without a breather to create vacuum?
    Josh

Registered Member

Oh, also it runs really rich. It will run you out of the garage with all thre doors open.
    Josh

Registered Member

Fuck it, just stripped the return line out of the throttle body, I'm a little pissed. Motor just may get pulled and I'll build the damn 454 I have in the garage. Stupid damn piece of shit wouldn't stop leaking, over torqued it. Two beers and a couple shots of Jim Beam Devil's Cut and I'm still irate. It has been one of those days....tractor has water in the transmission, broke my damn TBI unit....dammit, need to calm the hell down.
    Josh