Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Seat Wiring

Member #:2227

Seat Wiring

Anyone have any experience wiring 2007 Cadillac STS power seats? All I need is to be able to adjust the seats

Member #:1608
    Sorry never done it. Do you a diagram?

Member #:896
    If you had the VIN number of the car the seats came from then the dealership could give you a schematic for your seats.
    Otherwise run power to all the RED wires and ground all the black wires this should work.
    Power to the side impact airbag could be a problem that some guys try to avoid.
    Mine are 2003 Cadillac seats.
    Also the ground wire should be same size as the positive and use a 30 amp fuse.
    If you have original wiring harness you may want to use a relay.
    RickL and Chevynut can give you more details.
    Last edited by Bihili; 08-05-2014 at 08:13 AM.
    Bill 1957-427-177-6-410

Member #:2227
    We'll the seat are from a salvage yard so the ID number is out, I tried connecting to the red and black and that did not work. On the Tahoe seats I'm selling it took a third wire purple tied to + to get those to work. I can apply voltage to the motor and it works but then the side controls wouldn't work, hopefully someone out there has done this or has access to wiring diagrams

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Once you add things like memory, heaters, and air bags to the seats, you need a wiring diagram or service manual. Seats from a 2007 are going to be interfaced to the BCM (body control module). The red wire/black wire advice works for older seats without memory. I think some Caddys even have a/c ducts into the seats.

I haven't tried in a long time, but I've found wiring diagrams, etc. in service manuals at the public library. But there's enough Caddy seats in older cars that the diagram is probably on the net somewhere.

Member #:2264
    I just got my 2001 Eldorado seats going I believe gm uses the same wiring . the large red and black is pos. and neg. the orange is pos. after the key the black with the red stripe is neg through the computer. all the wires left over I tied together with the pos. and the orange wire, the black and black with the red stripe I tied them together tested and everything worked. I don't have heated seats and I disconnected the wiring for the computer memory.