Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got the Epoxy-Coat for my new shop

Member #:115
    Marty, from what I've seen with this stuff I doubt you'd have any peeling problems at edges unless you didn't prep it right and there was contamination. Keep in mind that I have an edge all along my 18 foot door. It looks great everywhere.

I did encounter some bubbling of the clearcoat that I didn't catch in time. They say it's from the concrete gassing. If I had it to do again I would put baking soda water on the concrete to stop the acid activity. The base bubbled just a little but I got all of the bubbles down with a blower, as they tell you to do. The clear didn't bubble at all after we applied it and I didn't expect it to because the base was already cured. However, a couple of hours after we put it down I was in the other shop and noticed the bubbles....it was too late to do anything about them because I couldn't walk on the epoxy anymore as it was too cured to use the spiked shoes anymore. So I let it cure and sanded them down and polished the epoxy.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:230
    Thanks for the information Laszlo i appreciate it, think this may be something i do in the future.
    55 Belair 2dr Sedan 350/350 loving every minute of it.
    56-210 2dr Sedan c4 front/rear suspension, and not sure when the ride will roll.
    Marty

http://www.picturetrail.com/56-210sedan

http://saccc567.com/

Member #:2209
    I have not done much on the 4DRHT project as that thing called work has gotten int he way. The shop I am going to be building in has been moving forward and we expect to get the slab pored this week or next provided the weather holds. Then it is on to assemble of a steel building, so eventually I will get to work on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Fladiver, you're right about the color temperature. I recently bought some LED lights for my travel trailer and they are a bit too white for me. Seems like in a shop the white light is great, but in a living space I like a "warmer" light. I will probably try some of the "warm white" LEDs and see if I like them better. I'll probably get brighter ones to slightly offset the difference in color so I still get a high light level (lumens).

The Philips "Alto" bulbs are 4100K and are considered "Cool White". I believe my bulbs are Philips "Daylight Deluxe" and are 6500K and 2750 lumens. I just noticed they have an 8-year warranty too.

I have eleven 4-bulb fixtures in my new shop. Each bulb is 32 watts so I have a total of 1408 watts. It seems plenty bright for me. Plus I have 6 recessed LED fixtures in my "man cave" corner.

BTW, how are you doing on your 57 4DHT project?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123