Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Another Header question for 56 SBC

Member #:2285

Another Header question for 56 SBC

HHello everyone,

I have a 56 Bel Air with 327 SBC (straight spark plugs) in original location, 4 speed saginaw tranny. It has original style front and rear motor mounts with standard MANUAL steering box. It had a set of headers on it when I got it, which apparently did NOT fit right because they had been beaten in pretty severly in addition to the steering conector was ground very thin apparently just to make it turn. I took these rusty things off and replaced the steering connector. So NOW I would like to know what shorty or 3/4 length header will FIT and NOT hit my steering box or connectors??? I do NOT want full length headers as they come down below the frame. I would like 1 5/8" primaries.

Money is an object with this single parent of 3 and it's never going to be a show car, but I do WANT to enjoy the ride while I can. So considering the info above.....what's the cheapest that will work with my current set up???

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ed

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I have no problem with using stock moter mounts with a SBC, question have you considered 2.5 rams horns from Speedway. I would perfer them over shorty headers on my car. They are less $$ too.

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33

had a set of patriot 3/4 length put on a 55 I had (327 eng), fit great. had to put dimple in because of pitman arm, but no big deal. also might want to look into some hugger type.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:777
    Patriots, double check that there is no fitment issue with the clutch linkage before buying.

Member #:2285
    First of all, THANK YOU to those that took time to reply, I do appreciate your input.

I Purchased the Patriot H8055's and they fit perfectly. I Did not have to modify anything.

Thanks again & you guys have a great night,
    Ed

Registered Member

Member #:571
    A Patriot header buyer with a perfect fit is a lucky guy. Congratulations!