Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2015 Z06 runs 10.95 1/4 mile bone stock.

Registered Member

Member #:1806
    At the dentist's office today, I read in Oct 2014 Motor Trend magazine a head to head with the Hellcat and ZL1 Camaro. They both had some points better than the other, but of course the Hellcat won the best muscle car in their opinion, and biggest attention getter. I'm bias but I like the looks of the Camaro better, but its hard to deny the appeal of the hemi.

The drag strip times were interesting, especially when you read at the end of the article that they put both cars on a chassis dyno, then figured from those numbers what the flywheel HP should be. The Hellcat figured at 727 instead of 707, and the Camaro somewhere around 540? don't remember for sure, instead of 580. They had the same kind of tires, and the Hellcat had to start off in 2nd, which as I look at it now, its probably unfair for the Hellcat. They should both be able to hook up, they also had different superchargers, but I don't know about the gearing. This is what I found on line about it, but the mag article has a lot more in it.
    http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/08/...enger-hellcat/

Registered Member

Member #:1806
    I saw a copy of the Motor Trend Oct issue in a drug store, and a correction is in order.
    When they figured the estimated flywheel HP from the Dyno results, It was 722 and 524 estimated at the flywheel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123