Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Oil & Gas Collectibles will take over your life. Just a warning!

Registered Member

Member #:133

Oil & Gas Collectibles will take over your life. Just a warning!

In my old house things were becoming a little crammed as I was starting to collect oil and gas while stuffing it all inside a 24 x 24 garage next to my 55 Chev.

It wasn't long before I had more stuff than I could hang. So I started looking for a new place with some more room for my growing collection.

Then I started buying more pumps. This pic is from a trip through Washington in May 14. I do this 2-3 times a year now.

So it quickly became time to move to a bigger place and I bought an acreage south of Calgary. Five acres with a ranch bungalow and two 800 square foot heated garages.

This is one of my 2 garages used to store my pumps and such. I had to add some branding to the outside.

In June I started moving into the new place and began collecting even more pumps. Off loading the first couple groups.

Before long the garage started filling up with my Oil & Gas collectibles. This was the start of the Red Indian section.

Another Canadian brand that I collect is Red Head

This was while my wife was still able to park in the garage. Isn't that way anymore. (lol)

The second side before I started hanging more stuff on the walls.

Some of the Purity 99 stuff filling in the other side quite nicely.

Can, Pumps and Porcelain signs make for a great looking garage don't they?

Then I added more Red Head into the equation. Pumps between the bays. (lol)

Some of my globes mounted in my office. There's plenty more where these are now.

Now that I have sold my 55, there's a little more room in the first shop. The second shop is home to my 55 truck project and that should be restored in another year or two. It's also half full of pumps that I am in the midst of restoring, and there's also a few of them inside the house. I love collecting oil and gas. And yes...I am an addict. (lol)
    Last edited by Double Nickel; 10-24-2014 at 07:02 AM.

Member #:115
    Pretty cool stuff. Is there a big market for restored pumps and such? I can't see myself getting interested in it, but I'm amazed at how much of that stuff is still out there. Also surprised you sold your 55 after all that work on it.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:3
    Really NICE Stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing

Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Registered Member

Member #:133
    Huge market for Oil & Gas collectibles. If I restored 20 pumps a year, I could sell all 20 with zero effort, but in reality I keep most of them.

Like cars though, I like building and restoring them, but never get attached to them so if the right offer comes along, say goodbye.

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    very cool stuff, looking good. luv all of it, but it is not cheap around here if you can find it. yup (like all of us), collecting can be additive.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.