Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winter Project ProCharger 427 SBC

Member #:1608
    Quote Originally Posted by NCW View Post
    Are you building a sprint car? Way cool stuff there. I haven't used their products but I think Smileys over in Mesquite carys some of it.
    No sprint car, just looking for options with my remote ps reservoir. Not too much out there that would mount on the fender. I ordered through Smileys, but manufacture had to change one of the fitting from a -4 to -6. That way I could use for hydraboost. Here is a pic. Really nice piece...baffles and all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JT56; 12-06-2014 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 56-210Sedan View Post
    WOW!! that is a thing (Engine) of beauty, and it looks like it will make for some fun times
    Well it should go! Cant wait for one of those new Hellcat to pull up next to me lol!photo (21).jpg
    Still need to paint the elbo(gold) between the two black boots. Add my stainless clamps then I'm off.
    Last edited by JT56; 12-06-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Took the car out for its maiden voyage. While I still have to tune this thing, Man there is a huge power increase! Learned that you must tighten those Tbolt clamps or they will allow the rubber boots to pop off. Then it sounds like a cyclone under the hood. Right now still have a hotter plug in it than a boosted car needs. My AFR is between 10 and 12, which is still on the rich side.

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884
    JT, just curious how come you went with a pro charger as opposed to a roots type blower? They all appear to be in the same basic price range.
    Rocky

Member #:1653
    No choppy up da hood! If I were to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by rockytopper View Post
    JT, just curious how come you went with a pro charger as opposed to a roots type blower? They all appear to be in the same basic price range.
    Rocky

Under the hood, plus the ProChargers are more efficient and weigh less. Bottom line they make more power.

Member #:436
    JT that thing looks bad ass. How much of a power gain did you get? Would love to do that to mine.

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884
    Quote Originally Posted by JT56 View Post
    Under the hood, plus the ProChargers are more efficient and weigh less. Bottom line they make more power.
    I figured the "more power" was it cause there are plenty on top mounts that clear the hood of a 55. Yours looks great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smooth 56 View Post
    JT that thing looks bad ass. How much of a power gain did you get? Would love to do that to mine.

Smooth, havent dyno'd it, but should be between 900 to 1000. Right now only 10 lb of boost. Working on the tuning, then will chassis dyno it. Before the supercharger the motor dyno'd 600 at the flywheel. Here is the latest pic after painting the elbo body color. Thanks SmoothProCharger (2).jpg
    Last edited by JT56; 12-12-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rockytopper View Post
    I figured the "more power" was it cause there are plenty on top mounts that clear the hood of the 55. Yours looks great!!!
    While roots blower still have that classic look, unless you get into 10-71 or bigger, the new technology twin screws superchargers(Kennebell), centrifugal s (ProCharger, Vortech) just make more power. They have more street-able manners ect... Thanks for the compliment!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast