Had our new apprentice started today, while I cut out the hole in the second seat bracket, Mike got started on punching and drilling holes for plug welding the passenger bucket seat bracket...



After I got the bracket hole cut out, E media blasted the brackets and added some SPI epoxy using a brush. We mainly wanted to get the bottom side well covered as it will be inaccessible once welded in place..




First coat...



Two coats, that should hold us for under a seat...



Meanwhile I got out the John Deere rod bender to see if we could make up some anchors for the shoulder belt..



Bent with relief for a 1/2-13 lock nut..





Welded with short bursts and plenty of cooling between to keep the nylon lock intact..



test fit...





plug weld holes drilled and welded in place....





Mike finished up plug welding the seat bracket in place...