Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556

Thread: wagon progress

Registered Member

Member #:3018
    Quote Originally Posted by MP&C View Post

Looks like a mighty fun time there, I miss going to shows for fun, its hard to find the time anymore... If you're ever in the Knoxville area again I'd recommend going a little further southeast into the smokeys / Nantahala National forest... It's high on my short list of places for my next move.. Whiteside mountain is a great area to explore and trails are fairly easy for all ages

whiteside_mountain.jpg

Member #:2017
    Last year we drove through the Smokey Mountains on the way from Helen GA to Pigeon Forge. Beautiful scenery.

More progress on our console, with the new hinges we got for the console lid being such an afterthought, the room provided in our void openings was going to drag the sides of the angle bracket once upholstery was wrapped inside the slot.

Better to make changes (and weld) before the upholstery goes on. So we made some new rear corners that bump us out slightly more than a 16th and use a slightly larger inside radius for a bit extra strength.

This is much better clearance than we had before, one more corner to go and we can fit up the lid.

Robert

MP&C Shop Projects-Metalshaping Tutorials

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

More progress on the console, the rear corner is opened up for hinge clearance..

8-32 machine screws cut off and sharpened to serve as spotters for our hardware location in the lid..

8-32 rivet nuts installed in our match drilled holes for attaching the lid to the hinges..

video version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkk9KTbdjJ0

Robert

MP&C Shop Projects-Metalshaping Tutorials

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

Member #:530
    So helpful to see "how you designed it" and the improvement tweaks you make to your stuff. I will soon be crossing that same bridge (fab up a very custom center console) for my 57 Nomad. After seeing yours, I think I want to build it out to steel also. Good work Robert (and team)!
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis- [URL=http://s78.photobucket.com/user/pcardey/library/57%20Chevy%20Nomad%20wagon[/URL]

1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window- [URL=http://s78.photobucket.com/user/pcardey/library/59%20Apached%20Fleetside%20Big%20Window%20Shortbed[/URL]

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556