Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Long time coming! I am strating restoration on a 57 Bel Air Cnvertible;

Registered Member

Member #:2338

Long time coming! I am strating restoration on a 57 Bel Air Cnvertible;

I have had it setting long enough and it is time to get started. Looking forward to a lot of comments from those who have already done so.

Member #:1608
    First of all, Welcome to the site. My only experience is with my 56 HT. What are you looking at doing? Frame off, hot rod, show car, cruiser ect... Post some pics we like them.

Joey

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi DW and welcome. good to have you here.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Registered Member

Thanks Joey; I would love to go the whole thing and make mine as nice as so many shown on the various web pages. However, finances, skill level and time pretty much restricts what I can do. I have had this car sitting for a long time hoping someone would leave me a fortune or things would get better and I could do full blown job on it; no luck. We also have a very small 1962 camp trailer we are restoring. We were looking for a same year Chevy. P/U as a puller but decided as long as I have the 57 we may as well put the money into it. So starts the fun! Fortunately I have three sons, each of whom have GM projects, who are ready to jump in and help!
    We will talk more I am sure; I will be looking for suggestions and expertise in the days to come.

Registered Member

Many thanks Carl; and thanks for your service; I retired from the Army with 27 years service. the first 4 was active duty with the Air Force, two years Air Force reserve then ensiled in the Army National Guard and finished off in the Army Reserve. Loved ever minute of it and would do it all over again!
    I like your "drive and enjoy them while you work on them. lifes to short."

Member #:1608
    I like your "drive and enjoy them while you work on them. lifes to short."[/QUOTE]

DwaB, I followed this same rule with my car. It may have taken me longer to get my car where its at, but at least I have had fun times driving it while I am doing it. Good Luck

Registered Member

Member #:328
    Welcome. Building mine...still.

Comments... get a big fat wallet and then another!

I did a 55 sedan body off and a 57 convert is a more complicated car. Nothing you can't do but just more work.