Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enjoying retirement

Member #:2372
    Hi scmense, nice looking 4x4 pickup you have, they are fun to drive around and get all the thumbs up and comments, and offers to buy! 10-4 on the body not wanting to be thrashed like I used to do, HPIM2959.jpgbut on good days I can still get'er done! I'm newly retired, (a year ago) and bought a '55 Small window short bed truck to help replace the hi stress job that I have no more. I got it in August of '13 and worked on it 7 days a week for 3 months like it was a contract job. When I got it, It was a runner , I wouldn't call it a driver, and I had to fix just about every system in the truck and did body work and paint myself. My truck is just about where I want it, just sort of doing small projects/upgrades as I feel like doing. I drive it nearly every day and it runs great. It has a Pontiac 400 and a Muncie 4 speed with Hurst shifter, Mostly stock interior with Chevelle bucket seats. Totally stock suspension, brakes, and rear end. I am sort of getting into the retirement mode, and enjoy that week ends last all week long!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by capnduane; 12-16-2014 at 08:39 PM.
    "55 Chevy 3100, with Pontiac 400 and Muncie 4 speed.

Member #:2136
    Nice truck. We are having bad weather presently so not driving my truck everyday and I miss it. Enjoy your retirement capnduane
    action not words

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12