Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shop addition is finished outside

Member #:530
    That looks great. Now you're cooking with fire...

As for your comment: The problem is that time flies, and years go by in a blink.

I can only say

No kiddin'.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:2209
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Fladiver, the main reason it took so long is I started on it in May 2012 and planned to hire out whatever I couldn't do myself quickly, with a goal of finishing it in around 6 months or so. Shortly after we poured the foundation and floor and started framing I was offered an early retirement package from the company I worked for, so I accepted it and scaled back what I was spending on the shop. I just got spooked at the idea of not having any income, or unpredictable income. I wasn't old enough to tap into my IRA without a penalty, so I had to figure out how to make it through that time.

After that I did most everything myself, including electrical, insulation, paint, trim, and helping with drywall,etc. while building frames and working on my own car. I hired out brick and roof work. The shop was drywalled and painted over a year ago and I spent the past winter and all summer trying to decide what to do with the floor. I finished the upstairs floor some time ago so I had a place to store stuff inside. This summer was full of scouting for hunting, working on my car, a vacation to AZ, building the fenced storage area, rebuilding an ATV, and lots of other stuff. I can't finish my car without finishing this shop first and now that I have a painter lined up I'm going for it again.
    In other words Life gets in the way.... we are working on a similar plan, we are having the foundation and the steel building done by a contractor and then we will finish the interior, electrical, plumbing and insulation. Lucky for us not much drywall in a steel building. If your anything like me I always think I can get twice as much finished in the time allotted as usually gets accomplished. we are building a 50' x 75' with 18' ceilings, so should be much nicer than working in the two car garage.

Member #:2017
    I give it 6 months and Laszlo will be running out of room...
    Robert

MP&C Shop Projects-Metalshaping Tutorials

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    My fenced storage area and all the filling and grading are now completed, so I can start moving my stuff into it. I put three 10 foot gates in for easy access.

I also finished the driveway in front of the new shop addition and filled the entire driveway in front of both shops with new recycled asphalt. I had 105 tons (7 loads) hauled in and may need one more load when it all settles. Here's a few pics of the outside....all I have left to do is oil the fence and install rain gutters, which I never installed on the old shop.

Attachment 3837 Attachment 3838 Attachment 3839 Attachment 3840
    nice job, looking good.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:2442
    I know the feeling, Always to many things to do and not near enough time. The shop looks great.
    Brian

Member #:3
    Looks really good Laszlo

you do really nice work

Is the fence to keep your Neighbors from seeing your Junk cars ?

Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by 567chevys View Post
    Is the fence to keep your Neighbors from seeing your Junk cars ?

Sid
    Thanks Sid. The fence is for a couple of vehicles I have, one 56 parts car and a Jeep that I plan to put together "some day". It's also for my stack of frames and corvette suspensions, as well as my utility trailer and travel trailer. It's about 1600 square feet of area.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12