Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: More interior work done

Member #:1608
    You think you will be ready April? Looking good

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by JT56 View Post
    You think you will be ready April? Looking good
    What year? LOL!
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    (in part) ...Nomads don't use the metal rods, the chrome bows hold the headliner up. I had a headliner made once that the guy sewed cardboard strips to that slid into the bows. I'm pretty sure that's how it was done stock.....
    you are correct; From the factory, the headliner for Nomads had the cardboard strip sewn in which when inserted into the bows held everything in alignment...

So I'm back to working on the interior again. I re-installed it all a few weeks ago so Larry could see what he's going to have to do. I put sound deadener on the roof, and we plan to install insulation there too. I installed all the new tackstrips and located the molding and roof bow holes in them, and I installed the bows to check for fit. I finished up the dome light wiring and re-designed the console so we can assemble it inside the car, and leave the electrical stuff on the base. I installed the wired hollow door hinges some time ago and re-installed the door panel for Larry to check out.

IMG_4680.jpeg

I also fabbed the top cover for the console and cut a small hole for the shifter for now, until I decide how to finish it off. Still a lot of work to finish everything, but it's getting closer.

IMG_4791.jpeg

The front bucket seats and rear seats are going to have a design similar to this, with most of the seat tan and the accent inserts charcoal. The headrests will be gone and the panel immediately below the headrest will be charcoal with a "V" medallion as shown in my sketch. The console lid will also be two toned as will the sides when I come up with a design for it.

Katzkin mustang1.jpg

IMG_4836.jpeg

I still have to figure out what I want to do with the cargo area. The tubs are wider than the panels I made above them, and I don't like that. So I may extend the panels inward and maybe do something like this....

Tim Helms.jpg

Larry got my steering wheel done that I bought many years ago when Colorado Custom was still in Fort Collins, Colorado. He tells me he's going to do the padded leather dash next, then the headliner, so I can install the windshield. I hope he doesn't take 5 years to do this interior.

IMG_4993.jpeg

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Member #:516
    That'll look great!!! I wish I had the money to do a custom interior, I just ordered a "custom" interior package from Ciadella Interiors. It's factory style Belair two door hardtop only it's all black!!

Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    That'll look great!!! I wish I had the money to do a custom interior, I just ordered a "custom" interior package from Ciadella Interiors. It's factory style Belair two door hardtop only it's all black!!
    Thanks Troy, I know some guys don't like modern-looking interiors in Tri5s, but it's my car and I'll do it how I want to. The whole car is a modernized tri5 which has been the way I've viewed the build ever since I decided to go C4 suspension. Larry's getting off the hook easy imo, since I did so much of the construction work. Our deal changed with the second frame I built for him.

I like the original-style interiors too, especially when the buckets are made with original materials. Looks like Ciadella makes some nice stuff.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

I want to get some opinions from the group. I have been wanting to have my interior guy, Larry, stitch my dash and the rest of my interior in contrasting thread, like a lot of new cars have. At one time I was thinking of using charcoal thread on the tan leather, and vice versa. Now I'm leaning toward using tan thread everywhere. Larry thinks the contrasting thread is a "fad" that will go away with time, like the colors of the '90's. He said he'll do it whichever way I want, but he would do it with matching threads.

Since my interior will be 2-tone like a lot of modern cars, it seems like contrasting thread is natural. What do you guys think?

This is what I'm talking about....

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Member #:1723
    Hi Chevynut,
    Well, to each his own, but if it was me, I wouldn't do the contrasting thread. I would have contrast from the two-tone interior you will have and leave it at that. Just a matter of personal taste...
    Regards, Doug

Member #:530
    I like the contrasting thread color. That's how I plan to have my interior done (someday).
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Banned

Member #:2775
    It's kinda like Mom jeans though and even my Camry has contrasting threads.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast