Are you sure?? Did you eliminate the rear seat and rear cargo floor (which used marine grade plywood originally)???
Bama,
I have eliminated the stock rear folding seat, and will be fabricating a steel seatback "bulkhead compartment" that seperates the rear cargo area from the seat back. That's where the battery, stereo amp, storage, etc will be. The cargo floor area is now much smaller. I have removed the spare tire compartment, and covered the whole floor with a piece of flat sheet metal (welded in).

I plan to use double sided velcro with one side sewn onto the back of the carpet, and the other side sticking (adhesive) to the metal floor. Just some strips in areas to hold the carpet down. I haven't decided if I should spend the $ to get polished stainless trim for the edges, or just have the carpet edges sewn with a banding strip of material.

Laszlo, I'm not knocking your use of wood. It just surprised me to see it in your pics...given all the other custom metal work you've done with your interior. I just figured you'd make the seat bottoms and seat backs out of metal too. Carry on.