Hello Tri-Fivers,

I have a 56 Bel Air, running a 327 SBC with a Big Cam, Holley 4Brl, 180degree Thermostat & 4 speed Tranny. The original radiator was recently rodded and cleaned, it is in the v-8 position without a fan shroud. Currently I have a Derale Performance racing type fan (which I think is part of the problem).

Running down the road, the temp stays at or below 180, but when I am stopped in traffic the heat hand and gauge both rise rapidly to above 200+ (SunPro aftermarket gauge & OEM dash gauge), once I start moving a few miles down the road it settles back down. Since just always driving and never stopping to idle and or ever getting stuck in traffic is NOT a reasonable option, I figured I would ask those who have already been there and done that for some input.

Personally, I think I need to replace the FAN and add a fan shroud..... as I obviously need to get the air flow moving correctly. My question to you is, What specific manual Fan and or shroud have you had success with???

By the way, I would rather NOT move radiator to 6cyl. position therefore I'm NOT sure a clutch fan will work for me.

Thanks in advance,
Ed