Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We have COLOR!

Member #:530
    How did I miss this post? Been wondering if your frame got stuck in paint jail. It looks fabulous.
    When's the body coming back from paint?
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:115
    Paul, the frame has been "curing" while I've been working on the console, valence, and installing the new A/C unit.

I'm just about ready to bag it on the interior work and will probably finish the console later. I can do a lot of the remaining console work outside the car now that I have the front portion constructed. I have the valence and dash drilled for the mounting screws, but still have to do something with the ends of the valence where it meets the doors. Then I have to finish fiberglassing the door panels and rear side panels. Once that's done and everything fitted I can strip it all out and resume blocking the body.

My life outside the shop is about to get busy, though. I've been working on starting a business with my brother and that's taking some of my time getting designs done, legal docs filed, bank accounts set up, prototypes made, and moving toward tooling production parts. Once all that's done I hope I don't have to do a lot but collect a check.

I have a CO elk hunt coming up at the end of August off and on through mid-September then a New Mexico elk hunt coming up mid-September for 10 days. October might be a time to get stuff done (I have to finish a C4 frame) but November is toast right now. Months go by and it seems like I'll never get this car done.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:530
    Months go by and it seems like I'll never get this car done.
    Well now, there's a comment nearly all of us can agree with (regarding our own builds).
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123