X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JT56
    Registered Member
    • Mar 2013

Texas Nostalgia National at Yellowbelly

Happening this Saturday at Yellowbelly. Gates open at 9am. I never raced here, so not sure how the track will handle the power, but looking forward to seeing a bunch of old school hotrods and having fun!
    My Album http://www.trifivechevys.com/album.php?albumid=39
  • chevynut
    Registered Member
    • Nov 2011

JT, anything happening in your area around November 10th-20th? I may be coming down that way to hunt deer east of Dallas.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Comment

• JT56
      Registered Member
      • Mar 2013

Some small car shows, but nothing big that I am aware of. Last year they had a big No Prep Drag Race at Kennadale (south of Dallas) where a lot of the OKC Street Outlaws raced...no camera's, just racing. I will keep looking and let you know.

Comment

• Rick_L
        Registered Member
        • Apr 2012

Yello Belly?

Is racing there like having brunch at Twin Peaks in Waco?

At least that's the way it once was.

Comment

• JT56
          Registered Member
          • Mar 2013

Rick I dont think its a place to be after dark! Glad its during the day!

Comment

• Tabasco
            Registered Member
            • May 2012

If you search Yellowbelly on you tube, there are several videos. Looks like an interesting place.

Comment

• rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017
              Registered Member
              • Sep 2013

JT I wouldn't race that beauty at that track unless they let me run solo. Its very narrow and slick.

Cnut I wouldn't waste a trip from CO to hunt deer east of Dallas lol. There about the size a medium size dog. I'm afraid you might be disappointed.

Comment

• chevynut
                Registered Member
                • Nov 2011

Rocky, on the contrary this deer was shot there by the guy who invited me. He says the area hasn't been hunting in 20 years:

Create photo books, personalize photo cards & stationery, and share photos with family and friends at Shutterfly.com.
                56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
                56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
                57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
                1962 327/340HP Corvette
                1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
                2001 Porsche Boxster S
                2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
                2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Comment

Registered Member
                  • Sep 2013

Thats a nice deer good luck!

Comment

Registered Member
                    • Sep 2013

Jt did you make a run at yellowbelly?

Comment

• JT56
                      Registered Member
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by rockytopper
                      Jt did you make a run at yellowbelly?
                      I did go, but it appears I have ruined my torque converter! Yikes! It was fun...some nice and fast cars. When I originally had the converter done, my plans were for a smaller engine, smaller blower and lower boost...well all of that changed. Will be back on the road soon. Thanks for asking!

Comment

• JT56
                        Registered Member
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by chevynut
                        Rocky, on the contrary this deer was shot there by the guy who invited me. He says the area hasn't been hunting in 20 years:

https://davidkadensadventures.shutte...ctures/772#769
                        CNut, that is a real nice Texas deer!

Comment

Registered Member
                          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by JT56
                          I did go, but it appears I have ruined my torque converter! Yikes! It was fun...some nice and fast cars. When I originally had the converter done, my plans were for a smaller engine, smaller blower and lower boost...well all of that changed. Will be back on the road soon. Thanks for asking!
                          LOL let me rephrase the question. Now that you have seen cars run at that track would you run your baby at it lined up next to another car? Its been 30 years sense I was there watching a weekend race and at that time there was nothing even close to the HP your running and they got pretty loose at times. My older 2 cuz more like an uncle mentored me in hotrodding at a young age. He grew up in GP and that was his home track. He told me stories of running a T- bucket with big block and breaking the steering link on the way down the track. He said he won the race and had to get out and kick the tires around to get it turned off the track and back to the pits. Back in those days late 60's and early 70's they were running junk yard BB that cost 75$ to replace and didn't care about getting their car messed up it was cheap to replace also.
                          Last edited by rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017; 06-10-2015, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• JT56
                            Registered Member
                            • Mar 2013

Rockytopper, I am sure there are some pretty cool stories, near misses ect...I would roll out on the starting line, then put my foot in it. That race is during the heat of the day, so having an asphalt track...its just a peddle fest!

Comment

Registered Member
                              • Sep 2013

JT to bad your ride is on the blink. Gas Monkey Live is hosting a car show Saturday and Drag racing Friday evening at Ennis this weekend. I have never heard of the sponsor but they are claiming it is a national event and folks are coming from the east and west coast. May all just be hype who knows. I'm thanking about taking my cutlass out Friday night and see if my (skinny buddy can get her in the low 13's) lol. With my big self driving 13.71 @ 101 is the best she ever done to date. Here is the link to the event. http://gasmonkeybarngrill.com/event/...n-muscle-meet/

Comment

Working...