Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vi-King shock for C4 Conversion

Member #:2209
    Laszlo, what do you think about making a rear sway bar with a kit like this http://www.welderseries.com/blog/sto...egory=12921497
    Could you run this through the frame and then eliminate the interference with the fuel tank. Just an idea, it is hard to tell how this would work.

Member #:115
    The issue with the fuel tank interference is the length of the swaybar arms. I'm pretty sure that just about any swaybar is going to interfere with the stock gas tank location since the tank is so far forward. If the stock tank was moved back to the rear crossmember, you have more room but the C4 swaybar still won't fit. IMO the Speedway Engineering swaybars with splines on both ends are a better choice. I don't know if putting the tube through the frame really buys you anything.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:2209
    My thought with that kit was the spline cups are separate from the arms and you weld them up. That way you could adjust the arm length to move the bar forward. The sleeve bar could go on top of the frame or through it if needed. You would have to order the splined shaft the correct width and then make the arms to fit the location.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    As you consider this, remember that the arm length on the swaybar affects the leverage on the bar - shortening the arms loses leverage and will make the bar act stiffer.

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by Fladiver64 View Post
    My thought with that kit was the spline cups are separate from the arms and you weld them up.
    It looks to me like that's the case on one end only. The other end is splined. It does give you more flexibility on length of the bar.

That way you could adjust the arm length to move the bar forward.
    Yes the arm length would have to be determined and cut off accordingly. The SE swaybar also allows you to do that. As Rick said, the shorter the arms the stiffer the swaybar at a given diameter. Most C4 swaybars are around 1" (24-26mm) with some being hollow and some solid. The arms are fairly long. We can discuss the preferred path when we get to your build.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123