Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice 55 nomad video

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
    That car's not bad if you're into near perfection.

No, not all kick panels protrude that far. Mine don't but I can't tell you the brand since the PO did it.
    Your not talking about Norma are you? I thought she was totally original before you started butchering her LOL. If you are I wish I had paid more attention when I was in her presence but I became star struck and quit paying attention to details..... please send me a pic of the kick panel when you have time.
    Thanks
    Rocky

Member #:2740
    Quote Originally Posted by rockytopper View Post
    Your not talking about Norma are you? I thought she was totally original before you started butchering her LOL. If you are I wish I had paid more attention when I was in her presence but I became star struck and quit paying attention to details..... please send me a pic of the kick panel when you have time.
    Thanks
    Rocky
    The po changed the radio and kick panels but he also kept the originals with the car and I have them. I'm doing the same thing with the treadle vac and drum brakes. I'll shoot a pic and will also check to see if there's any indication of who makes them.
    Steve
    1956 Nomad

Member #:115
    IMO you're kidding yourself if you think your car(s) will ever be returned to stock. Very few people want stock tri5s just like very few people want stock 32 Fords. And that number, imo, will drop over time. Stock muscle cars are cool because they're already hot rods and drive much better than 50's cars. I'd have a hard time deciding whether to modify a stock 69 Z/28 or a '69 Corvette. I like modified cars, but the muscle cars hold a special place in my past since I grew up with them. Same with the guys who grew up with tri5s and whose numbers are declining daily.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884
    Cnut I was just messing with Steve. It is his car and he can do as he wishes. You haven't seen the car. It is a numbers matching very low miles fully loaded power everything car. If any are worth keeping original it is!!! Steve will tell you himself he bought the car with the intensions of a full blown LS powered custom built nomad but after getting it he's had troubles doing that. After seeing it my self I can fully understand why.

Steve I must admit that red leather would have looked nice in her lol.
    Last edited by rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017; 10-14-2015 at 12:00 AM.

Member #:2740
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    IMO you're kidding yourself if you think your car(s) will ever be returned to stock. Very few people want stock tri5s just like very few people want stock 32 Fords. And that number, imo, will drop over time. Stock muscle cars are cool because they're already hot rods and drive much better than 50's cars. I'd have a hard time deciding whether to modify a stock 69 Z/28 or a '69 Corvette. I like modified cars, but the muscle cars hold a special place in my past since I grew up with them. Same with the guys who grew up with tri5s and whose numbers are declining daily.
    A group of my gearhead friends are taking bets on how long that 265 is going to last in there.

Look at the underside of this old girl, and no, it hasn't had a frame off...

Quote Originally Posted by rockytopper View Post
    Cnut I was just messing with Steve. It is his car and he can do as he wishes. You haven't seen the car. It is a numbers matching very low miles fully loaded power everything car. If any are worth keeping original it is!!! Steve will tell you himself he bought the car with the intensions of a full blown LS powered custom built nomad but after getting it he's had troubles doing that. After seeing it my self I can fully understand why.

Steve I must admit that red leather would have looked nice in her lol.
    i do have a weakness for red interiors, lol! But I really love this 50's style of the original too.

Steve
    1956 Nomad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12