Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cecil the lion

Member #:115

Cecil the lion

http://nypost.com/2015/07/28/america...-beloved-lion/

So now the animal rights retards are up in arms over a guy who paid $50K to shoot a lion in Africa. This guy hired a professional hunter and paid to get onto private land bordering a national park. They baited to try to draw in a lion and "Cecil" apparently fell for the bait and got shot with a bow and arrow.

In my eyes, this hunter did nothing wrong. Unfortunately he didn't get a quick kill and they had to track the lion down, but that can happen with a bow and arrow or a rifle. He apparently had a legal permit and did not shoot the animal in the park. maybe something will come out to clarify what else may have happened, but to this point I think it was all legal. I don't even know why they've arrested the PH and the landowner, maybe just for show.

If I was hunting around Rocky Mountain National Park or even Yellowstone, it would be perfectly legal for me to shoot an elk or moose that wandered off of the park, whether it had a radio collar or not, or even if it was some sort of "celebrity". There was a popular bull elk named "Samson" who got shot illegally outside of RMNP several years ago and everyone went nuts. The only thing the guy really did wrong was he didn't have a license to shoot an elk, and I think he may have shot it on YMCA property. But if he would have had a license and permission to hunt there, it would still be a dead elk and they probably still would have raised hell about it.

How was this dentist guy supposed to know he was shooting a "beloved" lion? How was he supposed to know it was radio-collared, when lions have a big mane that would cover any collar?

If I was this guy I'd be carrying a gun with me at all times. There are some real nutcases around who would kill or beat him in revenge, and those same people probably have no problem with killing a baby months into a pregnancy by "crushing" it (as per Planned Parenthood).

And this liberal bitch Mia Farrow had no right to post the dentist's address, imo. If he gets attacked I think she should be charged with aiding and abetting a crime.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...r/?intcmp=hpff

This article just posted suggests the landowner may be the one responsible...so why is everyone going after the dentist?:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/africa...e-lion-killed/

Investigations suggest the killing of Cecil was illegal because the landowner "was not allocated a lion on his hunting quota for 2015," said a statement from the Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority and Safari Operators Association of Zimbabwe.
    Last edited by chevynut; 07-29-2015 at 01:54 PM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:571
    And now we find out that the perp gave $5000 to the Romney campaign in 2012. Romney should give the money back!

Say What? What does that have to do with Cecil or anything about hunting?

Obviously this dentist is pretty well off if he can pay $50K for a lion hunt. And only $5K to Romney?

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Registered Member

Member #:571
    What does that have to do with Cecil or anything about hunting?
    It shows that this mean thoughtless person who must be a Republican actually is one. No Democrat libtard would do such a thing.

Next thing we'll find out is that he pays NRA dues too.

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884
    What a scum bag. He screwed all of us.

My wife who set in the stand with me when I pulled the trigger is telling me my 3 trophy white tail mounts that have hung on our wall sense we got married 20 years ago have to go. The barn she says. I hate face book lol.........

Member #:436
    The truth be known the PH's knew what was going on.The dentist maybe not or maybe so but ether way it was a bad hunt.Been there believe me the PH's know when it's rite and when it's wrong.

Member #:777
    Absolutely no reason to kill a lion unless it's in defense of peoples lives

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884
    Why isn't Ted playing cat scratch fever yet? LOL

I don't know Smooth, we'll have to wait to find out the whole truth. If the PH knew it was illegal, then he's the one that should be charged. The landowner may not have known a thing about hunting but was paid for access. The hunter paid big money to hire an "expert" that should have known what was right and wrong. I believe if you hire a guide in the US and he has you do something illegal that you had no reason to question, it's his fault.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Member #:436
    Yeah we will have to wait and see but I will just about bet they knew what they were doing.The wife and I use to run a archery shop from 2000 till 2005 called Eagles wings archery.we use to book hunts with Shoonbee Safaris it was x amount of dollars for the hunt but x amount for the animal you were hunting.If you brought blood you bought the animal.So if the hunter didn't kill they didn't get that money. They just got the fee for the stay.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast