• Jul 2015

Attached Files

Comment

• chevynut
      Registered Member
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Bow tie downunder
      Hi Chevynut
      Sorry for the late reply .The company that did the aluminium clear coating is called Ult1mate .they are on the net.The product is USA made .I am waiting for a reply from them as to what the product is called. The Ult1mate web site shows the clear being applied.

Hi Mick, thanks for the info. I'll check it out....your rearend parts look great. I'll bet you have a lot of hours in polishing those parts! Any tips on polishing?
      56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
      56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
      57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
      1962 327/340HP Corvette
      1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
      2001 Porsche Boxster S
      2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
      2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Comment

• Bow tie downunder
        Registered Member
        • Jul 2015

I have a Baldor buffer with 10 inch wheels ,it does a great job but it can be very dangerous .I recommend hand polish with fine wet and dry and spend as little time as possible on the buffer. Baldor has instructions on how to buff safely.

Comment

• chevynut
          Registered Member
          • Nov 2011

Mick, I have been trying to get ahold of Ult1mate for a few weeks now. Gerard Short replied to my first e-mail and said they have an applicator set up in Illinois, and could also supply product so I could do it myself if I had the equipment. I have been trying to get ahold of him since his e-mail and I can't get a response. It also looks like their website is down.

I looked at their FB page and sent a message there too. They show a boat prop that was in Sydney Harbor for 3 months but I'm a little skeptical of that test...aren't boat props often made of stainless steel? That one doesn't look like aluminum to me but maybe it is .

Any idea what's going on?
          56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
          56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
          57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
          1962 327/340HP Corvette
          1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
          2001 Porsche Boxster S
          2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
          2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Comment

Working...