Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ideas for routing emergency brake cable to C4 rear eBrakes

Member #:115
    Here's what I got back from Lokar:

"It is in our catalog wrong if you have the brakes with the hook you will use the CC clevis. If you have one with a hole in it you will use the WC clevis. Sorry for the confusion if you have any more question Let me know. There was a few years that needed the Pin and then GM went back to the hook type later."

So maybe the C3 Corvettes used the pin.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Banned

Member #:2775
    I don't care if my Hydraulic park lock is not "legal". It is so stupid simple, and cheap, and works freaking way better as a "parking brake", than most legal mechanical brakes I have ever used. I'm just parking it for a bit, not leaving it in place forever.
    On my next build, I am also going to incorporate a hand operated hydraulic "emengency/drifting" brake to the rear!!!
    If the brake pedal falls off, it will still work. I actually had that happen on my Ford 1930 model A, which definitely needed something hydraulic, instead of mechanical for brakes! It's was legal though. There has probably been millions of cars with automatic transmissions, that never had the parking brake engaged. Any car with a single piston brake system should definitely have an emergency brake though.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 04-05-2016 at 06:07 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    "There has probably been millions of cars with automatic transmissions, that never had the parking brake engaged."

I personally have owned a few of those. My folks Caddy has an electric one that the only time it has ever been used is when it was recalled.

Member #:115
    There have probably been a million cars with airbags that have never had them deploy.

It seems like you guys are missing the point. As far as I can tell Federal and many local laws require that a car has a WORKING parking brake that is independent of the car's hydraulic braking system. In fact, some laws say it MUST be mechanical based on my research. If your car went through a safety inspection without it (possibly a roadside inspection), it might fail and be impounded. Will it ever happen? Maybe not, but I don't want to be trying to add an e-brake after the car is finished.
    Last edited by chevynut; 04-05-2016 at 08:40 AM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Banned

Member #:2775
    At 100mph, I would focus more design ideas on safety, and crash protection improvements, over parking brakes, legal, or not, which would be another thread for sure. But, nobody would want to think about that. Even seat belts are not required on a Tri-5, but a Simpson 5 point is not DOT legal.
    From 49 years ago. http://newsinteractive.post-gazette....t-pitt-bridge/
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 04-05-2016 at 04:11 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345