Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomad C4 chassis assembly

Member #:115

Nomad C4 chassis assembly

Thought I'd start a thread on the assembly of my C4 Nomad chassis. I got the first parts polished and installed last night. It feels good to put parts on for the last time.

These are my stainless steel exhaust hangers I fabbed:

I'm working on polishing my fuel tank and fuel lines, so they can be installed permanently too. I plan to install the brake lines, exhaust, and anything else I can install. Still trying to figure out how to coat polished suspension parts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chevynut; 12-18-2015 at 07:24 AM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:1653
    I like progress with pics! Well done!!!!!

Registered Member

Member #:532
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Thought I'd start a thread on the assembly of my C4 Nomad chassis. I got the first parts polished and installed last night. It feels good to put parts on for the last time.

These are my stainless steel exhaust hangers I fabbed:

I'm working on polishing my fuel tank and fuel lines, so they can be installed permanently too. I plan to install the brake lines, exhaust, and anything else I can install. Still trying to figure out how to coat polished suspension parts.
    It's looking very good! You mentioned coating polished parts and I've been thinking about that too. I've seen clear powder coat material advertised but never seen anything that I knew for sure had it on it. Anyone have any experience with it?

Take a look here Bluegrass. BTW, did you ever find those rack fittings for hoses?

https://www.facebook.com/Ult1mate-43...8974/timeline/

https://vimeo.com/66486376

I've been trying to get ahold of these guys...they're in Australia but supposedly setting up dealers/applicators in the US.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Registered Member

Member #:532
    Take a look here Bluegrass. BTW, did you ever find those rack fittings for hoses?

I've been trying to get ahold of these guys...they're in Australia but supposedly setting up dealers/applicators in the US.
    I'll check them out Thanks! About the rack fittings ... I never found anything that would work but I have found some I can re-machine. I just received a custom ground tool I ordered that will machine the seat at the correct angle and the diameter for tapping. I have a couple of fittings with your name on them! I'll try to get them machined in the next couple of weeks and if all works out I'll give you a shout for shipping info.

Member #:2582

Lazslo, Do you know about this product .http://www.por15.com/GLISTEN-PC_p_45.htm I have used it on an alloy diff center with good results.

Regards Andrew

Member #:1707

That website is dead, and a google search fro ult1mate comes up with nothing as well. I thought of ZoopSeal, but apparently they stopped production some time ago. When googling zoopseal I found that it is now ShineSeal and they are based in California.

Cheers, Des

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    looking good Lazlo.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

I don't know what's going on with Ult1mate. A couple of weeks ago their website worked. I had a guy respond to my questions about their product. Now nobody will say anything to me, the website looks to be down, etc., but their FB page still seems to be active. Mick used their process on his C4 parts and supposedly it's guaranteed for 10 years. Zoopseal supposedly only lasts a couple of years. I've read some negative things about Glisten too.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass Trifive View Post
    I never found anything that would work but I have found some I can re-machine. I just received a custom ground tool I ordered that will machine the seat at the correct angle and the diameter for tapping. I have a couple of fittings with your name on them! I'll try to get them machined in the next couple of weeks and if all works out I'll give you a shout for shipping info.
    Thanks a bunch Bluegrass trifive! Are you looking at an adapter or a hose end? Sounds like you're planning on an adapter that fits onto the rack's 45 degree metric threads.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast