Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomad C4 chassis assembly

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by NCW View Post
    this one Vehicle Speed Sensor WELLS SU3040 fits 00-05 Dodge Viper
    Yes that's it....I need the mating connector. Crawl under a Viper and cut one off for me.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:1653
    LOL, too fat for that.............................................. ... Have you called Wells? 1-800-558-9770

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by NCW View Post
    Have you called Wells? 1-800-558-9770
    I just did . I assumed they made the parts since they manufacture all sorts of sensors for cars. I called Wells Technical Support and the guy told me that "since it's a limited production part only used on the Dodge Viper, it is probably sourced from Dodge". I told him Dodge builds cars and they don't make sensors, and they buy parts like this from companies that make them, and that I assumed Wells made this part since they sell it. He acted like he got pissed and repeated what he said. He couldn't even tell me who made the connector or what type it was. I told him I obviously hit a dead end and thanks for his "help".

http://www.wellsve.com/parts/

So I still don't have info on what the connector is and I'm sure Dodge doesn't make it. I don't know WTF they were thinking when they chose this part for this application. It's no wonder they eliminated the VSS in later years to get rid of this expensive part.

I think the Mizu mini-connector connector will work. It's $20 shipped with both halves and 8 pins, and I'm going to buy one and put it on. I'm tired of screwing around with this thing.

http://www.molex.com/molex/products/family?key=splash_proof&channel=products&chanName= family&pageTitle=Introduction&utm_source=dpb&utm_m edium=lit&utm_campaign=general

56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Banned

Member #:2775
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Yeah and I could have put an AN10 to AN3 adapter on it too, making it really easy to route. . There's a reason most of the reservoirs and the pumps have AN10 lines on them.

Besides, the reservoir is almost too tall as it is, and an adapter would have made it even taller.
    Unless you bore out the pump housing for an AN10 fitting, won't it still have the same result as AN8? Why doesn't your pump have an AN10 on it if that's what all pumps use? I might be wrong, but I would assume the larger return line is off the side of the tank anyway, as far as height goes. An AN10 fitting seems huge at 5/8 inch. Seems like most OE lines are only like AN6 for supply and return.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 10-03-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Banned

I was incorrect, the supply line to the pump is the bigger line, and the small line is for the return. Even so, AN10 supply seems bigger than needed, except on maybe a dirt track car than never stops turning for the whole race.

Member #:1653
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    I was incorrect, the supply line to the pump is the bigger line, and the small line is for the return. Even so, AN10 supply seems bigger than needed, except on maybe a dirt track car than never stops turning for the whole race.
    Engineers, what do they know.............................................. .................................................. .................................

Registered Member

Member #:2643
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    For the same reason why the supply line to an oil pump on a race engine is #12AN or larger, to prevent starvation at the pump.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bitchin'57 View Post
    For the same reason why the supply line to an oil pump on a race engine is #12AN or larger, to prevent starvation at the pump.
    Sorry I keep forgetting, that it is a high performance race car.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 10-04-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Banned

Weird, I just noticed that this thread had started with the title of "Firing up the 502", and now it's not.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I would be willing to bet that a Chevy VSS sensor will screw in to the port on the transmission. The Chevy connector is pretty widely available. Sold as a pigtail, but you can probably buy the connector and terminals so that you can do it without wire splices. It might even be the same connector as the Viper. Worth checking out.

On the p/s loop, most Chevys use a 3/8" inverted flare or metric o-ring line for both pressure and return to the reservoir. Maybe some are 10 mm metric. The -10 line would probably be the suction line from the remote reservoir to the pump. If somehow you can adapt from -10 to -6 you'll be good. I would run some kind of reservoir for the startup though, even if it was just tie wrapped to something. It's not that difficult.

Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast