Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomad C4 chassis assembly

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    I guess you'll have to edit your pristine "build book". LOL

You were probably going to have to anyway.

At least I have one, since I have real progress to show. Where's yours?

Why is it you can be civil for a while then turn into such an asshole? I asked nicely.
    Last edited by chevynut; 01-20-2017 at 05:46 PM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Damn, you're never satisfied. I was treating you nicely.

You're just a really sensitive asshole.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Let's see here. You've just shown your power of censorship. Is that not enough? Do you have to call me out and personally attack me too? Does that make you feel good, Little Otis?

Is your next move to seize enough power to ban me?
    Last edited by Rick_L; 01-21-2017 at 05:58 AM.

Registered Member

Member #:3273
    Wow, I thought this place might be a nice place but I wonder if any of the sites are.

Let's see here. You've just shown your power of censorship. Is that not enough? Do you have to call me out and personally attack me too? Does that make you feel good, Little Otis?

Is your next move to seize enough power to ban me?
    I didn't censor anything you toxic asshole, I moved most of your off-topic posts to the appropriate thread, as BamaNomad requested. If you have an issue with it take it up with him. Nothing got deleted.

I started this thread to document the assembly of my Nomad chassis. That's what the title says if you'd pay attention. Lots of guys like to see progress pics so I post them. You seem too embarrassed to post any of yours, or you just sit and look at the parts you bought and wonder what to do with them. I guess you don't post your stuff because you don't want anyone commenting.

Several times now you've insisted on making rude, off-topic, denigrating remarks about me or my car on a couple of my build threads and even threads where I've tried to analyze C4 and tri5 suspensions for the benefit of anyone interested. I've avoided deleting anything but I'm tired of you mucking up my build threads with your bullshit. Next time you do that they will be moved to a thread called "RickL's Toxic Bullshit".

Yes, you're TOXIC, as Nick has pointed out before. You can be helpful at times, but you can't seem to get off your high horse and act like you know it all. If you have something to say about my Nomad chassis then comment on it.....you've been helpful on certain aspects and I appreciate those comments.

And I've never banned anyone from anything. I don't even have the ABILITY to ban anyone. I didn't even know the dipshit troll Maddog was banned until I realized I wasn't seeing notices of his ignored posts like I usually did. I had him on ignore for the past 2-3 years. He never posted anything about cars anyhow, and I doubt he even had a tri5. No big loss, imo.
    Last edited by chevynut; 01-21-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Damn, you're never satisfied. I was treating you nicely.

You're just a really sensitive asshole.
    See what I mean? You call this treating me "nicely"? GFY!

"I guess you'll have to edit your pristine "build book". LOL

You were probably going to have to anyway.

I doubt if you'd be happy with it unless all the posts were by you anyway."

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Quote Originally Posted by WagonWonder View Post
    Wow, I thought this place might be a nice place but I wonder if any of the sites are.
    Wagonwonder, this bullshit happens now and then because some people have no respect. If you stated a thread to document an ongoing project, would you like it if it was full of off-topic crap? I've asked a few times before not to do that, but for some reason some people can't seem to listen. I asked politely to take it elsewhere, and Rick flew off the handle as he usually does. Bamanomad asked me to move the retro comments to another thread, so I did and RickL calls it "censorship". Tell me what kind of person acts like that.

I'm done with this crap. If anyone has something else to say about this, start a thread on it or I'll start one and move the comments. I didn't censor anything, I just attempted to clean up this thread and put the other posts where they belong.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Member #:1653
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    I also tried to install the pilot bushing but it seemed too big to me, and I couldn't get it started straight. I measured the crank hole and it's 1.090". The bushing was 1.096" which I thought was too much interference and if it collapsed that much my input shaft might not fit. I put it in my lathe and cut it down to 1.093" (Chevy standard size) and made a 1/8" long section a little under 1.090" to help align it. I'll try to install it again later.
    How much force from a hammer will that require and how many blows to seat it? I always worry about the thrust side of the rear main taking a beating. Are there any other better ways to install it?

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I always put things like this in the beer fridge freezer in sjop before I attempt assembly.

Banned

Member #:2775
    I would probably use an air chisel with a hammer head on it. I've use my air chisel for with the right attachment for ball joints, tie rods etc., and even driving in an oil pump pick-up. Works much better than swinging a BFH! The green tractor engine factory I worked at for 30 years, that is what they used to drive in all kinds of plugs, bushings, dowel pins, and tubes. On a pilot bushing you could easily use a short bolt with a washer for a pilot, and just buzz it right in. If you have ever heard of the LT-1 "pink" connecting rods, you can see them in this pic.1981 Z28 002.jpg
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 01-21-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast