Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: C4 swap

Member #:231

C4 swap

So I finally got my frame out from under the body and into the garage to do the suspension after purchasing a front and rear kit from laszlo back in 2012 hopefully I can keep a steady pace over the winter and at least get it back on its own wheels but something will probably slow me down but I try to post as much as I can on my progress just don't hold your breath haha
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

Member #:2084
    Looks great! I just pulled all my upgraded, but stock suspension off my '56 getting ready for one of Lazlo's front C4 conversions. Found a local fellow who bought everything off my stock front end...really helped offset the overall cost!

Still gotta pull the motor, but can't wait to see that Corvette suspension on the front end!

Member #:115
    Give me a call or e-mail if there's anything I can help you with. Glad you're ready to dive in.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

I am going to sell what I can already sold the four speed Caitlyn Jenner lol and the leaf springs almost had the rear sold I thought it was a ford 9" but it's an 8.8 I think but the guy didn't want it I don't even know if it's worth anything the motor I am going to put in my 88 Camaro since it has the stock 305 toilet bowl injection
    Laszlo I am sure i will be bothering you with something �� But I will post it here hopefully along with any solutions I just need to keep making progress that my biggest challenge

Ok so I was checking the frame to see if it's square I crossed measured the four most rear body mounts don't have the exact measurement with me but it was a half inch off I know these frames are not perfect but is that exceptible and please let me know if I am doing it correctly lol thanks

Registered Member

Member #:571
    1/2" out I'd fix it regardless of the specs.

Member #:115
    I would be careful using the body mounts because the tolerances on their location are pretty wide. There are some holes that are referenced in the frame drawing that would be better. Make sure the frame is square before you fit the clip. Once you cut the front off you can square it up pretty easily if it's not square now.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax