Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: still hot 283

Registered Member

Member #:2909

still hot 283

I posted earlier the problem with my '57 Chevy 2 dr Belair overheating during parades and long idles in traffic. I bit the bullet, bought a new three core alum radiator, the necessary hardware to move the radiator to the six cly position, an alum shroul with a 3500cfm fan. I'm now finishing up and need to cut the baffle plate to clear the upper radiator hose. Anyone out there have the necessary area to cut so I don't botch it too bad?
    Thanks

Member #:115
    Hi Laredneck, welcome to the site. This is the first post I've seen from you so maybe the one you posted earlier didn't work?

Seems to me that you should just be able to measure from the fender to the hose, then from the edge of the hood to locate the opening. Another way to do it would be to put clay on the bottom of the baffle and let the hood down to touch the clay to the hose. That will tell you exactly where to cut.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:2077
    I like the clay idea, I've used that same principal many times to check clearances. Kids modeling clay can be found at most art stores, maybe even Wallymart. re-useable too.