Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Old versus new engines

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Looks to me like you are trying to convince yourself that your oil burning marine engine is today's technology. It's not. You even had to replace the crappy marine ECU.
    You are such an asshole sometimes. GM sells these as crate engines for the automotive market, just like they do the Ramjet 350. I'm addressing the one issue that I know these 502 engines have, which is the oil rings, and the new ECU makes it that much better as far as programmability. Now it's not much different than an LS-1 in terms of technology imo. At least I have something a little more modern than that wimpy old 350 HP (maybe) 92 LT1 with the "hopeitsparks" ignition you might put in your 55.... someday...if you ever work on it. LMAO!

Oh, and by the way, I never replaced "the crappy marine ECU" because I never had one.
    Last edited by chevynut; 03-22-2016 at 12:05 PM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Banned

Member #:2775
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    You and RD are two peas in a pod. Do you believe your speedo? How about the timers at the track?
    You can tune an engine with, or without a dyno. Heck, even the g-meter dyno, on my stupid phone can calculate power. But, at the end of the day, all that matters, is how it feels. Numbers, are numbers, and the dyno is bolted to the ground. I never said the ramjet was old tech. I just implied that it is too heavy, to benefit handling. I love BBC's, but they are an anchor.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 03-22-2016 at 04:17 PM.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Cnut just keep polishing that antiquated turd, maybe you can convince yourself, but not me at the end of day it is still a 60 year old turd..

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Cnut,

Chevy sells marine engines as automotive because they don't want to spend any money to make them into automotive engines. In other words they use existing old technology, not the latest.

As for my not so recent old tech engine, yes it's true. But I don't come on here and brag about how it's new tech. And it's only slightly more dated than yours. It's what I have, and it's not a sure thing it will be in that car when finished.

I'm just giving you the same biz you give everyone here, and you don't seem to like that.

Seems that a superior guy like you should have an LSA, LS9, or a 454 LSX. Maybe an injected Chrysler Hemi, or an injected Boss 429 Ford, or an injected SOHC Ford. Or a twin turbo LS.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Well Rick that pretty well nailed it.
    Last edited by markm; 03-23-2016 at 07:15 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234