Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOMAD rear glass install info thread

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884

NOMAD rear glass install info thread

I started this on the other site thought I might share here for others to use.
    http://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115762

These are pictures if my original nomad glass.

Rear upper curve

C pillar

Lower rear curve

Lower slider long bridge bracket shown

Lower slider looking aft

Forward edge of slider

Upper slider

Close up upper slider
    Last edited by rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017; 03-24-2016 at 07:25 PM.

Member #:530
    Thanks for posting these pics. When I bought my Nomad many years ago now, it didnt have any glass installed and I've often wondered how that side glass goes together in there. Nice to have some pics to refer to when I get to the point of installing glass.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:115
    That's pretty cool to have pics like that of an original installation. I bought all new retainers from Mr. Nomad some time ago. One thing I'd like to know is where sealer should be used.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Anyone know what that wiring is? It routes under the headliner trim all the way around. I only have the passenger side upper trim removed. It is lightly stapled to the headliner. Might be an add on of sorts?

Member #:115
    Can you get better pics of where the upper clips go that hold the curved glass in? On bottom, is there more than just the long curved retainer holding the glass? And finally, how are the felt channels held in place?
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Here is better pic of the lower rear curve. Its just the one long bracket and it has a small clip on one of the screw holes to support the trim piece.

There is several clips or brackets holding the upper felt channel but I can't figure out how they are attached. It is screwed in at the very back just like the bottom channel is you can see that in my first pictures above.

Here is the lower channel it sets on the bridge bracket I call it and is screwed in with a bump stop at the end. There is another clip here for supporting the finish trim piece. There are several clips that just hold it against the out side edge or stainless.

Last edited by rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017; 03-25-2016 at 01:09 PM.

There is a topic about this subject on FB nomad group. Guy explained the installation. Apparently the upper fur channel is mostly glued in with window sealant. It has a couple of screws only one you see in the pictures at the rearend. The lower fur channel gets cut to fit and it pushes into the upper channel in front. Once you hand fit the bottom channel you remove it and install it onto the glass. Then you install the glass into the upper channel and swing the bottom in then just clip it against the outside the clips are seen in the pictures above. Mickey who posted in the other thread and is a member her knows how its done he is a good source for advice.
    Rocky

I have now removed all of the rear side glass and have a few more details that might help install. I found that the upper slide felt track has snaps and I also show a bracket that is at the rear of the upper track to snap into. My rear curve glass came out really easy just tap them loose then slide fwd until it cleared the c pillar and came right out with gasket in tack.

And the wiring question above was answered when a speaker fell out of the rear headliner lol.
    Last edited by rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017; 07-16-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Registered Member

Member #:610
    [QUOTE=rockytopper;33228]I have now removed all of the rear side glass and have a few more details that might help install. I found that the upper slide felt track has snaps and I also show a bracket that is at the rear of the upper track to snap into. My rear curve glass came out really easy just tap them loose then slide fwd until it cleared the c pillar and came right out with gasket in tack.

[/QUO

Some of the retainer/mounting clips that just pop right out of the body on my fur channel were either too worn to pop back in and hold place the new channel in place or they just broke/snapped apart upon popping them out of the body. I was checking Danchuk and H&H but and could not find new ones. I ordered the Window Channel Fur kit (Part 177) and it shows a diagram indicating screw locations. Were you able to find the original clips or did you end up just using the screws to mount the new window channel furs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast