Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: NOS 55 Panel Tail Lights

Registered Member

Member #:2997

NOS 55 Panel Tail Lights

I have a set (left & right) NOS 55 chevy panel truck tail lights. I have had stashed away since the early 80's. The original boxes have long ago fallen apart and have been thrown away. Not having a panel any more I was wondering what a fair price might be for the set?
    I have several 55 chevy cars and I am focused on them these days. Thanks

Registered Member

55 Panel Truck 2nd series NOS Tail Light assemblies

Sorry I did not say what series the tail lights would fit. They are second series for 55 and 56 Chevy Panel's I'm not very good with a camera so what appears to be cracks are just reflections. Like I said I have had these for a long time now. What do you think is a fair price? Thanks cm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #:115
    Are they reproduced? If so, the price is probably not as high as it would be otherwise. Also, panel trucks probably aren't in high demand. Have you checked eBay? I often look at completed sales to see what they've been selling for to give me a starting point.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Thank you for your response. Yes they are original OEM parts and I have looked on Ebay for them several times over the years and I have never seen any like them. I just think someone else would make better use of them than me at this point. I'd hate that the house would catch fire, or something would happen to me and they would get thrown away. Certainly not treated as I would have. It is a shame the boxes did not hold up. They lasted a few years the simply fell a part. By the way I Like this forum. It is easy to use and I like how everyone including you are so helpful. Thanks cm

Chipman, what I often do is this....put the parts on eBay with the price you think you want out of them....make it high if you want. Keep in mind that by the time eBay and Paypal are done with you they'll take 15%. Don't worry if they don't sell first time around, just drop the price a few bucks and try again. Listing is free. You pay 10% on the sale, INCLUDING what you charge for shipping. That can really hammer you if you sell something for $30 and it costs $20 to ship it. You pay $3 on the selling price, and $2 on the shipping. So you're down to a profit of $25 and Paypal takes 3% of that so now you're at just over $24. You don't have to use Paypal but it's easiest to do so.

You can try Craigslist too, but then you get what you ask. I have had parts bid up substantially higher than what I thought they were worth on eBay. Once I had two pairs of "Nomad" scripts from the 60's but different years. I had no idea what they were worth so I put them on eBay for I think $30 a pair...they were like new. One guy wanted to buy them all and I gave him a price of $60 for all four and never heard from him. They ended up selling for around $140-150 a pair.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Registered Member

Great information Thanks! I have a Ebay account as well as Paypal but I never sold anything. Always thought it would be a hassel to learn. Thank you cm

It's easy to sell on ebay...I've sold hundreds of things. Your audience is as big as you want it to be. I've sold stuff I'd never sell on CL or anywhere else. Good luck!

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Registered Member

Sold!