Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 55' Chevy Belair upgrade

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Given that you have spent 6-10 times more than I have that does not sound like something to brag about.
    I'm probably underestimating the difference in value today, given that my engine alone is probably worth close to what your car is worth. LOL! But like I said nobody here has ever seen your car, if you even have one . You scrape up used crappy old parts and put them on your car and call it good. You call it "old school", I call it ratty. I like to put new, or rebuilt, reliable parts on mine and bring it to the highest level I can...that's what I enjoy doing. And the assembly is still actively underway. When finished, it would probably take at least 10 of your cars to buy it. If it was for sale.

You always talk about how "cheap" you built your car and your boat anchor huge rearends. That doesn't impress me at all. What you did to yours is irrelevant to this thread, imo. Not everyone has parts laying around, and not everyone wants a car that drives like a 70's car. The OP here was looking for information as to how to upgrade his car to pro-touring, not how to put together an old-school stock height rat rod....with a carburetor!
    Last edited by chevynut; 07-21-2016 at 05:41 PM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:777
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm betting my partially assembled car is worth 2-3 times as much as yours is assembled and running. But we'll never know because you can't even post a picture of it. lol!

Given that you have spent 6-10 times more than I have that does not sound like something to brag about.

You can't argue with a know it all, especially one that has only almost built one car.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123