We've lived in tract home in Santa Clarita (Los Angeles County) for the past 24 years. It had an attached 2 car garage that was set up as best as possible for working on cars. But it had a washer/dryer and other shared stuff with the missus...

Then we moved (after 24 years) across town to an older-more rural part of Santa Clarita (called Newhall) and I now have another 2 car garage. This one is detached, so no sharing . Our home/garage is on a half acre in an area where most properties have been subdivided into smaller lots. So it's kind of a premium to find this size lot in this area. Bought it 5 years ago (from the bank who was unloading it at the top of the real estate meltdown) and had been renting it out.

So now we're here...and we have some room to spread out and some equity to (someday) build a new larger garage on the back quarter acre.

This weekend, I retrofitted this empty shell of a 2 car garage and built a workbench with cabinets on one wall, and erected steel shelving for the other 2 walls. Found it all locally on Craigslist for cheap. it's a lifesaver, as there's not much room in an 18 x 20 garage structure with 1 car in build mode in it.

But now I have the room to resume the Nomad build. Onward!

Here's pics.
Paul

IMG_2892.jpg
IMG_2893.jpg
IMG_2894.jpg
IMG_2895.jpg