Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: 57 REAR BEARINGS RW307R question

Member #:2670

57 REAR BEARINGS RW307R question

I'm looking to pick up some new rear bearings for my 57. When I go to Rockauto and put RW307R bearings in my basket, there is a message that you should install new wheel seals with the bearings along with a link to the selection. Is this correct?

There is also a big difference in price between the Timken and SKF bearings.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I would always replace seals when installing new bearings, especially in an application where seal goes on first. Define big price difference, is Timken USA made.

timken 70 bucks, SKF 115 bucks. I asked Rockauto about origin but they said they will not and cannot say where they are made as products are produced globally.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I think the bearings are sealed, don't have an additional seal, and no place to put one. Unless they are referring to the o-ring, which should come with the bearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    I think the bearings are sealed, don't have an additional seal, and no place to put one. Unless they are referring to the o-ring, which should come with the bearing.
    That's what I thought. I've never changed them before so best to ask. I know I need axle flange gaskets too but didn't think I needed the wheel seals.