Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: No turn Signals or brake lights

Registered Member

Member #:2817

No turn Signals or brake lights

Hi guys, I went to take my 57 to work this morning and realized i have no turn signals(front and rear), no brake lights, or no flashers(front and rear). If i turn the headlights on i get parking lights. Also the turn signal indicator on the dash is not working. Has anyone had this problem before? I plan on looking at it after work. Thanks!

Member #:516
    I had a similar thing when I recently got my '55 back on the road. Mine was poor grounding system. I made all new ground cables and cleaned all of the connections now they all work perfect.

Registered Member

Member #:2817
    Thanks Troy, that was gonna be the first thing i did..check all the grounds.

Member #:115
    IMO the first step I'd take is check for power to the flasher and brake switch. You can't get lights without power. Not sure what the headlights would have to do with the turn signals or brakes, though. Are you supposed to get front parking lights with the headlights on? Or is it just the rear ones? The rear parking lights are independent of the turn signals and brake lights.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax