Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: DEADSHOT

Registered Member

Member #:3152

DEADSHOT

HI! DEADSHOT HERE! I'M A DINASOUR IN THE WRONG WORLD WHEN IT COMES TO THIS PUSH-BUTTON STUFF!! I'LL DO MY BEST FOR YOU ALL. I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT MY 55 THAT I HAVE NOW THAT MY FATHER HAS PASSED. IT WAS OUR FAMILY CAR SINCE IT WAS 5 YEARS OLD.DAD HAD IT RE-DONE ABOUT 28 YEARS AGO AND IT WILL STAY IN THE FAMILY FOREVER. IT HAS A 235 SIX CYL. DAD HAD A MECHANIC YEARS AGO PUT AN OIL FILTER ON IT. ON THE SIDE OF THE BLOCK THAT HAS THE INTAKE AND EXHAUST ON IT, ABOVE THE OIL PAN IS AN OIL GALLEY. THE OIL FILTER LINE THAT FEEDS THE FILTER IS ATTACHED THERE AND THE RETURN LINE FROM THE FILTER RETURNS TO THE SAME GALLEY FURTHER DOWN THE SIDE OF THE BLOCK. QUESTION-- BOTH LINES TO THE FILTER SHOULD NOT BE PRESSURE LINES RIGHT? WHERE SHOULD THE RETURN LINE FROM THE FILTER GO BACK INTO THE ENGINE? PLEASE HELP IF YOU HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THIS PROCESS!! THANKS!!!!!

Banned

Member #:2941
    Welcome to the forum!

My '57 235 engine is original and I believe the oil filter is original as well. Oil filter canister is clamped to intake manifold just to rear of carburettor.

Pressure line supplying filter attaches at upper side of filter body on one end and to raised oil gallery extending down side of engine block several inches above bottom of block. Mine is screwed in to a brass Tee fitting which has the oil pressure gauge extending from the other outlet. This fitting is to rear of exhaust pipe connection to exhaust manifold and several inches above bottom of block.

Drain line attaches to bottom of filter body on one end and to tapped fitting in side of engine block just above oil pan and in front of exhaust pipe.

Hope this helps,

Harry
    Last edited by enigma57; 09-24-2016 at 01:50 AM.

Member #:1608
    Welcome to the site