Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Hello from Central Illinois

Member #:3191

Hello from Central Illinois

Was searching for a part for my '57 Chevy pickup and this site popped up. Happy it did. Making major changes to the truck in my avatar. As you can see the truck's paint is certainly NOT stock. But the drive train was. The old girl just ran out of compression. I decided to "upgrade" the drivetrain. Will be a 350 with about 310 hp. She was 3 in the tree. Going with an automatic but have questions (need advice) as to what I should use. Rear end is 3:55.

Late model (later) full size Chevy pick up frame. In terms of suspension / brakes EVERTHING is new. Disk all around. 5 / 5 bolt pattern. 17 / 7 wheels. yada yada.

Won't bore y'all with anything else except that she'll be a "driver". Paint is nice but a long way from perfect. I had nothing to do with that.

Looking forward to being around!!

Future questions? What tranny? Elec. power steering worth it? Best way to do AC? ON and on. Hope I don't become a pest. Seems like a TON of knowledge here!

Best.

Member #:1608
    Welcome to the site! Good people hear. Nice truck

Member #:1653
    Welcome to the site!

Banned

Member #:2941
    Welcome aboard, fgowi! Look forward to hearing more about your truck build in the near future.

Happy Motoring,

Harry