Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member introduction, Another Nomader...

Member #:3217

New Member introduction, Another Nomader...

Hello everyone,

I'm Gary, but I'm going to go by BamaNomad here if that's OK. I was referred here by Rockytopper a few months ago, but hadn't checked it out until today after I got a little fed up with the *censorship* on another 'similar' site, so I decided to take rocky up on coming here..

I love Nomads, but I also love ALL Classic Chevys, all chevys, Camaros, Chevelles, Corvettes etc. I love my cars too much, and I have trouble in 'selling them'.. so I'm probably like a lot of you guys and have TOO MANY of the above to do any one of them justice! I have five Corvettes ('60, '69, '72, and two '90 ZR1s) 3 Nomads ('55, '56, '57), '69 Z28/RS, '72 El Camino, '55 and '57 Sedans, and even a '70 Mach I (which my wife had bought new before we married!). We've been married 46 yrs, I'm a USAF Vietera vet, so yes, I'm an old fart.. I either am or have been involved in many car clubs over the years, including local and national Corvette, Camaro, and Classic Chevy clubs. Currently am a member of the CCCI, Chevrolet Nomad Association (ex NNC member), ex NCRS member. In the past I was Pres of a local Classic Chevy Club (the Heart of Dixie Classic Chevy Club- we put on a local show for 18 yrs until the active members got older and more tired, so we are inactive now), and also was an officer of the Tennessee Valley Chapter of the NCRS. I'm a lifetime member of the National Corvette Museum since 1996. I'm an engineer, but retired now for the last 4 yrs... now I spent most/all of my time/money on my cars...

I hope to spend a little time here on your site, to learn from you guys, and hopefully be able to help with a few things myself. In short, it's good to be here with you all..

Banned

Member #:2941
    Welcome aboard, Gary! And feel free to speak your mind here.

Happy Motoring,

Harry

Thanks Harry! I trust that if I mention another 'site' in a post here that I won't have my post deleted??? That's what happened over 'there'... My mention of good Camaro sites in response to questions, got my posts deleted by the 'owner', since he's trying to start his own camaro site.. That's a pretty closed mind in my opinion...

Member #:115
    Welcome to the site BamaNomad. I left the "other site" for similar reasons as you did. You may recall that fiasco where I posted a pic of an antelope I shot in Wyoming on Chit Chat and the "owner" ordered me to remove it or he would. That was the last straw after many instances of censorship so I told him to go to hell and left over 4 years ago and came here. You can pretty much say what you want here, but don't be surprised if you get challenged. We won't censor it but won't protect your "feelings" either.

I'm also an engineer and retired a little over 4 years ago from a career in the computer/electronics industry. I spend all my money on cars, beer, and women, and the rest is just wasted. LOL!

Welcome and hope you like it here. We could use more car content so please post pics of your cars and/or projects. Sounds like you have a nice "herd" of them.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884
    Welcome Bama!!! The tide has rolled in lol....

C'nut Bama has already gone to the dark side and is building a C4 chassis nomad with LS1 so give him a few pointers!!!!
    Rocky

Member #:530
    You sound like the kind of guy we need here BamaNomad. Welcome.
    Post some pics of your build(s) please...
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:1608
    Welcome to the site Gary, we do have a colorful variety of guys on here...lol

Member #:1653
    Welcome to the site Gary

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Thanks Rocky! 'Building a C4 Chassis Nomad'... might be a stretch, as it's going VERY SLOWLY... Due to indecisions re that construction, I find I'm spending my time on other projects while I "think" of solutions (or try to)..

I did purchase a 'Corvette Corrections' chassis from Billy Dawson earlier this year, with intention of putting my '57 Nomad on it and I purchased an LS1 / 4L60 used (59K miles) to use with it, I also have an AutoRad radiator system, but thus far I have more 'questions/concerns/issues' than I do progress..

I think most of this is going to have to wait until I: 1) finish replacing the inadequate exhaust system in my home paint booth, 2) Finish up the bodywork/paint on the '57 Nomad body, and 3) Get the body on the chassis... Only at that point will I really be able to make much progress towards 'completion'.. I AM currently finishing up the paint booth exhaust fan replacement (I bought a 'real' paint booth exhaust fan and installing an 18" exhaust ductwork - I had to wait til cooler weather, because this is installed in the shop 'attic', and working in the attic during summer months in Bama just don't cut it!
    See '57 Nomad status in the provided photo...
    finished floor -read to go on frame (Copy).JPGBody sitting on frame (Copy).JPGCheck fitting LS1-4L60E (Copy).JPG

I do have a '56 Nomad that is 'sorta finished', although I've got some 'leaks' I need to stop, and it will ultimately need new paint, but for right now it's the 'best looking' most complete Nomad I have.
    DSC04074 (Copy).JPG
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 11-16-2016 at 08:07 AM.

Member #:1653
    I like the 56. What issues or solutions are you trying to determine for the 57?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast