Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Member introduction, Another Nomader...

Member #:2442
    The 17 x 9 with 45mm offset would move the outside edge of the wheel outboard about 3/16" compared the stock 17 x 9.5 56mm offset Corvette wheels. This would work fine on the back as I used a 3/16" spacer on the rear of mine. On the front I would want to try a wheel stock wheel with a 3/16" spacer to see how they would clear. Mine clear, but just barely with 275 tires in front. Probably would be ok with 245 or 255 front tires, but sometimes you just won't know until you try it.
    Brian

Member #:2442
    Quote Originally Posted by Custer55 View Post
    The 17 x 9 with 45mm offset would move the outside edge of the wheel outboard about 3/16" compared the stock 17 x 9.5 56mm offset Corvette wheels. This would work fine on the back as I used a 3/16" spacer on the rear of mine. On the front I would want to try a wheel stock wheel with a 3/16" spacer to see how they would clear. Mine clear, but just barely with 275 tires in front. Probably would be ok with 245 or 255 front tires, but sometimes you just won't know until you try it.
    Brian
    P.S. I won't be able to test anything on mine till spring as I just put it away for the winter.

Member #:3217
    I appreciate all your inputs, but I probably won't buy wheels/tires until I get the body onto that chassis and do some final measurements, and right now I've got several *jobs* in front of that..

Member #:3217
    Chevynut: I didn't know where to put these comments, so I'm putting them here... . I JUST WENT thru all your photo albums re your '56 Nomad, and I'm totally blown away with your work - every aspect! Compared to your work, all the rest of us are just 'throwing' parts together! I need to see some FINISH photos of your Nomad... many many of them!

Member #:115
    Thanks BamaNomad. It's been a long project as you can see by the time stamps on the pics. I did a helluva lot more modification than I originally intended, and one thing led to another. My plan was originally to do the C4 suspension and a mostly-stock build otherwise. I guess I got a little carried away with having "fun". I've also built 72 other C4 projects in parallel with my build over the years. Some guys here think I'm wasting my time because I'm not driving it yet.

I just refreshened the engine in this thread: http://www.trifivechevys.com/showthr...02-re-assembly

And here's the chassis assembly thread: http://www.trifivechevys.com/showthr...assis-assembly

I'll probably start another thread when I begin re-assembly of the body. I hope to have the chassis essentially finished in a couple months, and I'm currently polishing the last few suspension pieces for it. Hopefully the body will be painted this winter if all goes well.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123