Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: 55 quarter molding restoration

Member #:2374

55 quarter molding restoration

Hello.
    I am back in the game after a long rest period. Just got my car back from paint today.

A few years (9)ago there was a member from MN that restored stainless. I am looking for info on anybody
    that can straighten some minor blemishes and polish the quarter moldings on my 55 210. Or are the replacements the way to go?

After seven years of retirement I finally got my honey do list done so I can play again.

Any help or info will be appreciated.

Kirk

will get some pics up when I figure it out.

Member #:3217
    There are a few people who restore stainless who advertise nationally, but I'd bet if you look/ask around the folks in your area who are involved in the local car clubs, you will find one or more people in your locality (or close by) that will do a nice job for you.

I don't know any particulars about repro qtr mouldings, but IMO, restored original parts will *always* exceed the aftermarket crapola... .. and if your original parts are halfway decent, the cost will be less as well.
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 11-16-2016 at 07:44 PM.

Member #:115
    If you can't find anyone locally or don't want to tackle it yourself, there is a guy near me who does incredible stainless restoration work. One customer of his had his trim "restored" by someone else and then sent it there because he wasn't happy with it. I saw it before it got re-done and had a hard time seeing the defects until he showed them to me. He's not cheap but he's one of the best. His name is Rodney and his website is http://stainlesstrimworks.com/.

Here's an example of his work (from his website)

56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Thanks for the leads. I still have a bit of time so I will talk with some local car guys and check out some websites.

Kirk

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I thought I replied to this earlier today but don't see my post.

There is a guy who is a member here, "55wagoncrazy", who is a premier restorer of stainless trim. He may even be the guy you were thinking of close to you, as he's in Wisconsin near Green Bay. He's been doing this for 30+ years. Used to be in TX. His name is Michael Domoracki.

Thanks for the info. May be on to a lead in MN. I will wait to see how this shakes out.

Registered Member

Member #:2437
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk 55 View Post
    Thanks for the info. May be on to a lead in MN. I will wait to see how this shakes out.
    If not, I'm the guy Rick referenced. 36 years of restoration on any part of a 55-57 Chevy. Over a million pcs of stainless trim restored...or so it seams....

Michael Domoracki
    The Stainless Shoppe Restorations
    N8143 State HWY 55
    Seymour WI 54165
    thechevydr@newbc.rr.com