Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many hours to do a minitub?

Registered Member

Member #:571
    So Nick do you have a photo of the 68 Camaro tubs and were you satisfied with the job? If not, how many more till you got it right?

Chevynut asked a direct question to me, I answered it. I figured if I put hours in it you or he would have argued with me. You made a BS comment without me posting any hours. WTF? Toxic reply that you accuse me of? Not the Christian thing to do.

Member #:115
    I don't think Nick meant anything by what he said.....he just said the time could vary a lot. I didn't see anything "toxic" in it. I can see how this would vary a lot with experience, quality of the job, whether ground smooth or not, and a lot of other things.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Nick meant it as a jab. I jabbed back.

But your right, that stuff varies, and that was my original point.

Member #:1653
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Nick meant it as a jab. I jabbed back.

But your right, that stuff varies, and that was my original point.
    Rick, you have a Blessed 2017. I pray that what ever but is under you saddle goes away at the stroke of midnight. I meant nothing by my reply but for what ever reason, you continue to find some excuse to jab away. You, are a little man and I pray you will grow up some day. I'm done with this site. Happy New Year - signing off for good.

Registered Member

Nick you are the burr under my saddle.

Even chevynut has been civil lately.

I am just trying to contribute and be honest about it, and you make it hard.

Done with this site? Again? Till next year maybe. That's only a couple of hours.

Member #:3

Nick leaving for Greener Grass

Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    Rick, you have a Blessed 2017. I pray that what ever but is under you saddle goes away at the stroke of midnight. I meant nothing by my reply but for what ever reason, you continue to find some excuse to jab away. You, are a little man and I pray you will grow up some day. I'm done with this site. Happy New Year - signing off for good.

Really Sad to see Nick Leave the site ,

I do not want to stir stuff up but this is my happy New year PM From Nick

I'm outta here

Sid,

It is with the deepest regret that I resign my duties as a member and as a moderator. Please remove me from your membership roll. Don't forget the NCW log on too. I will not delete any of my posts pics or other data that I have shared in the past.

You have certain individuals that have life issues and until they are gone, your site will never progress much beyond what it is today.

I wish you nothing but the very best of luck, you will need it.

Nick

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Member #:115
    I personally didn't see anything at all in Nick's post that should have pissed anyone off.

How could anyone see this as some sort of slam?

"There in, lies the issue with anyone's numbers. Effort to Complete is proportional to the need for completion. Doing it as a DIY to gain personal satisfaction versus paying to have it done and completing it to another's satisfaction can be a wide channel in the river and varies by how much it just rained.

My first tub job was in 1975 on my 1968 Camaro (cut and paste for 12" tires) - the number of completions since then and today, I have no idea."
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:1608
    I just installed the Real Deal Steel tubs on mine. I only did one side at a time, not sure if that mattered, but that is the way I did it. I have between 35 to 40 hours in it. Since this was my first time in doing it...I did take extra time. I will say one of the biggest time savers if I had to do it again would be using a fast sand body filler instead of the regular. Evercoat makes both. A lot of time sanding using the regular.

Registered Member

Member #:3273
    Quote Originally Posted by JT56 View Post
    I just installed the Real Deal Steel tubs on mine. I only did one side at a time, not sure if that mattered, but that is the way I did it. I have between 35 to 40 hours in it. Since this was my first time in doing it...I did take extra time. I will say one of the biggest time savers if I had to do it again would be using a fast sand body filler instead of the regular. Evercoat makes both. A lot of time sanding using the regular.
    Good morning all, is this 35 to 40 hours close for a wagon. Any pictures of a wagon?

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Just thinking out loud, but like JT56 stated finishing the tubs was time consuming are wagon tubs more accessible then sedan or HT.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast