Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 55-57 Instruments

Registered Member

Member #:3154
    The backlighting is LED. Motors are Aircore. There is one light that is programable for what ever function youd like. It is the red light. The Bel Era III is strickly designed to go for stock original looks. Daily we monitor the website and improve things to make sure it is user friendly.

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS View Post
    The backlighting is LED.
    I don't understand why your website doesn't show the tri5 instruments in the dark with the lights on as I think knowing what they look like at night is an important criteria for choosing instruments, at least for me. Backlighting is like modern instruments where the light comes THROUGH the face. It looks to me like yours are side-lit, not back-lit. THIS is NOT backlighting as far as I can tell:

Motors are Aircore.
    Aircore is pretty old technology isn't it? I thought most modern instruments use stepper motors driven by a computer that reads the sensor.

There is one light that is programable for what ever function youd like. It is the red light.
    Is it really "programmable" or is it just an input to a light? How is it "programmable"?

Your instruments seem to be priced higher than the competition for some reason that I don't understand. So what do you offer that others don't? I think it's a legitimate question for someone looking for a set of gauges for his car.

Found this on your website...what's a "wiggler"?

Some manufacturers will furnish the more cheaply-built "wiggler"-type of movement in their gauge set and claim their set is "all-electric." Regrettably these manufacturers can legally advertise and market even the "wigglers" as being "all-electric" . . . so much for "truth in advertising."

Daily we monitor the website and improve things to make sure it is user friendly.
    User-friendly is one thing, but having detailed descriptions of the technology is another. I see very little about your technology or benefits of your products anywhere on the website.

Are your tri5 instrument lenses made of glass?
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member rockytopper R.I.P 5-13-2017's Avatar

Member #:1884
    Cnut it is because it looks like a Christmas tree lite up and the original vibe it is meant to give is all but dead lol....

Banned

Member #:2775
    The old-school side lit incandescent lights will always be cool, otherwise they would have to re-write the song to... "Paradise by the LED Dashboard Lights"
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 02-08-2017 at 03:32 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123